Second Skin Audio

2 18's box build

WyattWade11

Does anyone have a good box design thats 17-20cub and tuned to 28-32 hz? box can be any size, i have a yukon so pretty much anything will fit

People post these kind of open ended questions all the time. The reason no one has responded yet is you haven't given us enough info. First off "pretty much anything" will not fit. With no dimensions we don't even know where to start. Post up the actual max width, height, and depth that you have available. The second is we need to know exactly what subs you will be using, how you plan to power them, and what want to use them for (daily driver, competition, etc).

This is a great place and there a lots of people who will be happy to help you, but you are only going to receive as much effort from others as you put into it yourself.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

God damn almost 5 1/2' wide. where did he want you to put that on the damn roof?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Does anyone have a good box design thats 17-20cub and tuned to 28-32 hz? box can be any size, i have a yukon so pretty much anything will fit

People post these kind of open ended questions all the time. The reason no one has responded yet is you haven't given us enough info. First off "pretty much anything" will not fit. With no dimensions we don't even know where to start. Post up the actual max width, height, and depth that you have available. The second is we need to know exactly what subs you will be using, how you plan to power them, and what want to use them for (daily driver, competition, etc).

This is a great place and there a lots of people who will be happy to help you, but you are only going to receive as much effort from others as you put into it yourself.

Here you go, box design for 2 18s!!!

uCzhJ4.png

BtxG7s.png

OHn7l0.png

i13kxQ.png

7jC9Re.png

CMKRxI.png

ld0sxp.png

6DFBmE.png

VE5kGb.png

Thank you for the box build man and also i underrstand what your saying. im gonna go take all the dimensions and im going to be using a DC lvl4 and a FI Q

anyone?

You have not read around too much around here, not enough at least pretty sure, Yukon are like 48 wide and subs recommended box specs are listed on their respective manufacturer sites, may want to visit those sites next, if you place different subs in a common chamber box or shared port box unpredictable results may follow, will recommend just choosing Fi or DC and pick two of the same kind, not listing what amp, what electrical, etc.

anyone?

You have not read around too much around here, not enough at least pretty sure, Yukon are like 48 wide and subs recommended box specs are listed on their respective manufacturer sites, may want to visit those sites next, if you place different subs in a common chamber box or shared port box unpredictable results may follow, will recommend just choosing Fi or DC and pick two of the same kind, not listing what amp, what electrical, etc.

I would put 2 of the same DC's in a box if i had the cash but those are the only 2 18s I have. I understand that box will be a little unpredictable but its okay because im just using it as a daily driver. Later down the road ill get another DC. Ohh and Im running them off a soundstream ta1.2000 and all #2 welding wire( Power,Ground,Alt to batt) and stock 140amp Alt

Archived