how much power can Infinity Kappa's REALLY take

csermonet47

No I didn't fry them I had the gain set to max clean signal I backed it down to almost nothing on the tweets.

So did you have each tweeter on a dedicated channel? The tweeters are rated at 50rms a piece. I am using the included crossovers, and each crossover running off 1 channel. So each 100rms channel is powering a tweeter and woofer. Each tweeter and woofer would be seeing 80rms on the new amp if ran at max power.

Yes mids on there own channel and tweets on there own channels and I never blew them but that was pure luck I know better now. If I was you I wouldn't give then more than rated and make sure it's a clean signal.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

No I didn't fry them I had the gain set to max clean signal I backed it down to almost nothing on the tweets.

So did you have each tweeter on a dedicated channel? The tweeters are rated at 50rms a piece. I am using the included crossovers, and each crossover running off 1 channel. So each 100rms channel is powering a tweeter and woofer. Each tweeter and woofer would be seeing 80rms on the new amp if ran at max power.

Yes mids on there own channel and tweets on there own channels and I never blew them but that was pure luck I know better now. If I was you I wouldn't give then more than rated and make sure it's a clean signal.

Word. I'll just use my DMM and measure the output voltage of my current amp and set the gains to the same on the new one. Should get a clean signal running it that far below rated. Would love to send it to Steve and let him put it on the dyno for an Amp Test Tuesday video. Only paid $120 for the RA640. Seeing as MB Quart is labeled as Maxxsonics flagship line, would be keen to see just how much it really puts out.

Dmm can't tell you if your source unit is outputting a clean signal and if you don't know that you might as well just guess where to set the gain

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

You already have speakers otherwise you wouldnt be asking.

Its a trade secret audio companies do not want you to know about, because it can potentially hurt their sales dramatically!

I want to do it with your speakers though.

Okay, but you must pay shipping both ways!

These are my speakers

3sPf4V.jpg

Dmm can't tell you if your source unit is outputting a clean signal and if you don't know that you might as well just guess where to set the gain

I set my gains with a o-scope so i already know where my source distorts

If you have an O-scope why not use it to set the gains on the new amp?

I set my gains with a o-scope so i already know where my source distorts

If you have an O-scope why not use it to set the gains on the new amp?

DMM is more convenient. The o-scope I bought is a unit that plugs into my laptop and uses my computer screen as the display, kind of cumbersome to use compared to my little DMM. I guess I could use it to make sure its putting out a clean signal at 100w, but I am fairly confident the amp will have a clean signal at 60% of the claimed output.

If you have the tools to do it right, use them. It's the equivalent of having a fork and spoon in the drawer and needing a utensil to eat chili. Most would choose the spoon because it makes the most sense. You're using the fork in this situation.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

You already have speakers otherwise you wouldnt be asking.

Its a trade secret audio companies do not want you to know about, because it can potentially hurt their sales dramatically!

you have made me laugh my ass off way too much recently

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Archived