join with help building a 1000 dollar budget gaming pc

I'll do fps if we have similar games.

I only have a single card though.

Also

http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/446/AMD_FX-Series_FX-8350_vs_Intel_Core_i5_i5-4670K.html

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/697?vs=837

It beats the i5 on stuff that can use 8 cores. Not surprising because 8> 4

I5 is strong and usually is the go to cpu for your average gaming rig.

98 Mustang GT
Singer 320
2 12" Incriminator Death Penalties
1 SAZ-2500dv2
2 D3100,1 D3400
2 Crescendo CZ-65
SAX-100.2

Door panels by Diablo Kustomz

Ehh, i3's may do well on single threaded apps but they are an entry level CPU, not at all made with gaming in mind. CPU Boss, Passmark, 3DMark, all show the Core series CPU's to fall behind i3's and i5's in gaming. The 4690k will do what he wants, not questioning that...but the FX series will do all of that plus more, for a much lower price. Don't get me wrong, my next upgrade will be Intel/Nvidia, just not an i5 and certainly not an i3 lol. I know it's hard for most die hard Intel fans to see the benefits in AMD but from someone who deals with both equally, the AMD are MUCH better value.

Head Unit - Clarion VX709 7" DVD Touchscreen

Mid/Highs - Front Doors - RF Prime 6.5" component mids.

A. Pillars - RF Punch component tweets.
B. Pillars - RF Prime component tweets.
Rear Doors - RF Punch 5.25" mids.
RF Punch 3-way passive X-overs.
Mid/Highs Amp - MB Quart Onyx 360.4, 4 channel, 640W RMS.
Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Sub Amp - Audiopipe GD6001 @.5ohm, clamped 2825RMS.
Box - 9.6 cu^3 net @35Hz, three 6" aero's.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

Ehh, i3's may do well on single threaded apps but they are an entry level CPU, not at all made with gaming in mind. CPU Boss, Passmark, 3DMark, all show the Core series CPU's to fall behind 8350's and a lot of other FX series in gaming, of course with the exception of the i7's. The i7's are beast, won't argue that!. The 4690k will do what he wants, not questioning that...but the FX series will do all of that plus more, for a much lower price. Don't get me wrong, my next upgrade will be Intel/Nvidia, just not an i5 and certainly not an i3 lol. I know it's hard for most die hard Intel fans to see the benefits in AMD but from someone who deals with both equally, the AMD are a MUCH better value.

Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

I've got nothing against AMD, in fact I really wish they would get their shit together and get competetive. If they actually were comparable I would go AMD just because I don't care for Intel as a company.

But Intel wins hands down for gaming, even just with the i3. i5 by a good enough margin to make up for the extra cost and then some.

It's like comparing a turbo 4 banger to a diesel...you wouldn't put an SR20 in a tow rig for a reason. It doesn't have the bottom end for towing. And similarly no one uses diesels for drift cars...same reason but reversed.

Also gotta look at power consumption the amds use hella juice. Think anandtech said 125w vs like 88w for the 4690k. The 4690k also did like every better on their tests. It is what it is.

98 Mustang GT
Singer 320
1 SAZ-2500dv2
2 D3100,1 D3400
2 Crescendo CZ-65
SAX-100.2

A lot to do with personal preference.... There are a lot of people who don't think AMD is a contender but in my experiences, AMD has a better value. To each their own I guess.... My $150 (on sale) 8350 has never went past 40% utilization so I see no reason in spending double that on an Intel.

I see 100% on BF4 with my 8350.

I don't remember anything else right now, besides that ARMA sucks with it.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I know its preference and amd is a good value. But Intel is just better.

I know you like your 8350 and what not. But don't go around saying the i5 is overpriced and that it doesnt bench well against amd 8 cores. When it doe and on most it does better. It is what it is. There's proof everywhere.

Also the only time I've ever seen bf4 at 100% was when my skype was messed up and was using 25% cpu usage. They since patched that.

98 Mustang GT
Singer 320
1 SAZ-2500dv2
2 D3100,1 D3400
2 Crescendo CZ-65
SAX-100.2

I base what I say on facts.... SEVERAL benchmark tests have ranked the 8350 over the i5, both at stock clock speeds. These figures are mathematical FACTS and with the 8350 being a little over half the cost of the i5, it IS a better value. Your statement, "Intel is just better", is an opinion and although I DO agree they are better, it's still opinion. I run 3D rendering benchmarks regulary and eat the i5's alive every time. The i7's kill me, but that's to be expected. I don't want to argue, was just trying to offer the OP ideas for a gaming PC, that is within his budget. A $329 4690K and a $339 GTX-970 is starting to break that budget, so I offered the AMD equivalent. By equivalent, I mean a slightly better CPU and a slightly less powerful GPU.

Archived