BigMike916 Posted October 7, 2014 Report Posted October 7, 2014 Are there any training courses available for understanding how to make a box, different orders, but mostly how to use the parameters/specs provided with a subwoofer/ ANY speaker but first subwoofers, to use the parameters to build a ported/sealed box? I want to be able to sit down, look at a woofer's data sheet, use formulas, calculate dimensions, tune a box higher or lower, all by using the technical data sheet that comes with most all of the speakers that I have seen. I want to learn what it all means. There is a list on an entire page that comes with a woofer of all types of specs/information that I have no idea what it all means. Is there a course out there that will help? I am more of a hands on type of guy and learn faster that way. I have read portions of the Loudspeaker Cook book but most of the information i don't understand. It kinda makes some sense sometimes but most of it is beyond my knowledge. Can anyone in here help? I figured this would be the best place to ask. I had a friend in high school back in 1992 thaty was pretty fluent in this stuff and made some knock-out systems with less than 500 watts. He has moved away right after high school, so my (in depth technical) learning came to a hault, but recently my interest has been fired back up 10X what it was back then. Someone please HELP!!!!!!!
Kyblack76 Posted October 7, 2014 Report Posted October 7, 2014 There are reasons to most methods. I lack them also. Like you, I rely on "buddies, or friends" when it comes to enclosures. That cook book is a great place to stick your noes I know that. I also need someone to "dumb it down" at times regaurding enclosures. For sure. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
JEFFYBOI Posted October 7, 2014 Report Posted October 7, 2014 I'm just throwing this out there. I'm sure this would have some useful information as far as classes you would want to check with your local colleges and see if they have any sort of classes that falls under this category. http://www.amazon.com/Speaker-Building-201-Comprehensive-Course/dp/1882580451 Maybe check your local library. http://www.amazon.com/Designing-Building-Testing-Speaker-Projects/dp/007069429X/ref=pd_cp_b_0 "Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21 PIONEER DEH-P8400BH 2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D 2 CROSSFIRE C7 18 HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400 DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC 275A SINGER ALT. DYNAMAT XTREME SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280 PIONEER COMPONENTS
kingsuv Posted October 7, 2014 Report Posted October 7, 2014 If you are serious, there are training classes from various places. Sonus car audio has a couple different formats of fabrication. Installers institute. Mobile solutions. All offer up some top notch training. In all reality, parameters only get you into a ballpark. The car takes everything the "should be right" and shits on what is drawn up as soon as it become a real world practice. Learning what works and what doesn't take time in the shop building. No one person has the answer for everything built. Not every trick is a trick that works in every car. There is also a good number of how to guys posting videos and build logs with a wealth of info out there. Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out. not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it.
BigMike916 Posted October 8, 2014 Author Report Posted October 8, 2014 There are reasons to most methods. I lack them also. Like you, I rely on "buddies, or friends" when it comes to enclosures. That cook book is a great place to stick your noes I know that. I also need someone to "dumb it down" at times regaurding enclosures. For sure. Absolutely. I honestly gave the book a good ol' college try, but there was some very simple terminology, that without a somewhat basic understanding, the sentences and paragraphs had no meaning and they were doing a good job of confusing me even more. Is there a "Loudspeaker Design Cook Book for Dummies"??? If so, I would buy that one for sure!!
gckless Posted October 8, 2014 Report Posted October 8, 2014 You've got free training right here. Seriously, just read a shitload and practice. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
BigMike916 Posted October 8, 2014 Author Report Posted October 8, 2014 I'm just throwing this out there. I'm sure this would have some useful information as far as classes you would want to check with your local colleges and see if they have any sort of classes that falls under this category. http://www.amazon.com/Speaker-Building-201-Comprehensive-Course/dp/1882580451 Maybe check your local library. http://www.amazon.com/Designing-Building-Testing-Speaker-Projects/dp/007069429X/ref=pd_cp_b_0 That might be a good idea. Funny that I never thought of a college course. I own a very profitable franchise, have a wife, 2.6 year old son, an 18 day old son, which makes it near impossible to think I could find the time for a college course, to learn more about my HOBBIE lol. An online course might work out but I would lack the "hands on" that I feel would benefit me just as much as the book theory.........thanks for the input!
BigMike916 Posted October 8, 2014 Author Report Posted October 8, 2014 I'm just throwing this out there. I'm sure this would have some useful information as far as classes you would want to check with your local colleges and see if they have any sort of classes that falls under this category. http://www.amazon.com/Speaker-Building-201-Comprehensive-Course/dp/1882580451 Maybe check your local library. http://www.amazon.com/Designing-Building-Testing-Speaker-Projects/dp/007069429X/ref=pd_cp_b_0 That might be a good idea. Funny that I never thought of a college course. I own a very profitable franchise, have a wife, 2.6 year old son, an 18 day old son, which makes it near impossible to think I could find the time for a college course, to learn more about my HOBBIE lol. An online course might work out but I would lack the "hands on" that I feel would benefit me just as much as the book theory.........thanks for the input!
BigMike916 Posted October 8, 2014 Author Report Posted October 8, 2014 I'm just throwing this out there. I'm sure this would have some useful information as far as classes you would want to check with your local colleges and see if they have any sort of classes that falls under this category. http://www.amazon.com/Speaker-Building-201-Comprehensive-Course/dp/1882580451 Maybe check your local library. http://www.amazon.com/Designing-Building-Testing-Speaker-Projects/dp/007069429X/ref=pd_cp_b_0 That might be a good idea. Funny that I never thought of a college course. I own a very profitable franchise, have a wife, 2.6 year old son, an 18 day old son, which makes it near impossible to think I could find the time for a college course, to learn more about my HOBBIE lol. An online course might work out but I would lack the "hands on" that I feel would benefit me just as much as the book theory.........thanks for the input!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.