Don't Touch My Stereo!

kind of a offtopic...but why when yyou go to every shop they tell you to tune to 50hz?

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

kind of a offtopic...but why when yyou go to every shop they tell you to tune to 50hz?

I would guess that's because a lot of popular music has bass lines around 50hz or a little higher. It's just us nutjobs that play slowed and boosted stuff that need to play in the 20s. There really isn't too much commercial music that plays that low.

oh yeah, and it's easier to get loud at higher frequencies, uniformed people often like a super boomy, one-note wonder sorta system.

2008 Subaru WRX STI

K&N Typhoon Intake

Invidia Polished Stainless 3" turbo back with cat

Cobb Accessport

Dyno tune from Kaizen Tuning

320awhp 330ft-lb awtq

MTX 421D Sub amp

American Bass SQ900 Highs/Mids amp

Sundown Audio SD-2 10 D4

JL Audio XR653-CS 3-way Components

3sixty.2

Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Custom fiberglass wheel well enclosure

Transmission Line quasi-floor enclosure

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/13-member-rides-builds-show-off-your-whip-show-off-your-system/

Bill Fitzmaurice TLAH line-array hifi towers

9 Goldwood 4" mids (each)

12 Goldwood 1/2" tweeters (each)

NAD 1020 Preamp

MiniDSP 2x4 Balanced processor

Thorens TD166mkII Turntable

Hafler DH-200 Amplifier

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192638-line-array-hifi-tower-build/

https://www.facebook.com/HolyMountainGlass

I would guess that's because a lot of popular music has bass lines around 50hz or a little higher. It's just us nutjobs that play slowed and boosted stuff that need to play in the 20s. There really isn't too much commercial music that plays that low.

oh yeah, and it's easier to get loud at higher frequencies, uniformed people often like a super boomy, one-note wonder sorta system.

there was a guy at the store and he claimed he did 158 with a single 12 on 5K in a box tuned to 55,,,while we were talking he asked me if i ever metered...i replied that my score was 148 with a GZNW 15SPL on a single M1b with bix tuned to 34hz...he than replies wit ha smile to his ears..˝thats why you fucked up your sub man...you cant play a subwoofer below 35hz˝...i was speachless...it was like someone gonged the dumb on your brains...also....all their demo vehicles have SEALED boxes, asked why they have sealed ones...he replied european cars are not for 15s let alone 18s...so i told him next that i owned 2 15s a couple of years ago and was doing 140+ with little power...again..box was tuned to 30hz,,he then again smiles like shit and replies...i told you before you need to tune the box to 50hz or higher

as it continues the trashless talking with this guy...i asked him like i was beeing dumb...what IF i want to play slowed songs or modified one songs that has mostly low notes in it? he looked at me and shut quiet for a couple of moments...and then again...smile ˝bro you cant be serious...then you just buy a pro audio subwoofer, its that simple˝

so as i said good bye to the not so nice vendor he offered me a discount on his items...such as the new series...of ground zero and ome dd subs...

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

I'm very not okay with people touching my stereo, just as i'm not okay with people sitting on my motorcycle.

But for an analogy, If i dropped my bike off to get some mods done and then five minutes later I see a guy going down the road in a wheelie on it, I will be PISSED. Just because it can do that does not mean it's okay for you to do it..

Do the mods and nothing else to my bike, that's what i'm paying you for.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Archived