audiofanaticz Posted March 30, 2008 Report Posted March 30, 2008 and its really hard to find the overdrive on ebay. LOL I had one on here I was trying to get rid of, I really dont believe in them what so ever unless your head unit is .5 or 1 volt outputs. Since every amps gain can be adjusted from 0.2volts to around 6 volts. So that means as long as your headunit has a higher output voltage then 0.2 volts you can properly tune your amp gain without use of a line driver.. Now if running multiple amps without strapping/linking, and you have 1 rca sub output from the deck and you splice that signal 2+ times with Y adapters you are weakening the signal from the RCA cords resulting in needing a line driver. A line driver will not make your amp(s) run more efficent, if you have your gain set correct with or without a line driver you are still going to be needing the same amount of power (amps) and be getting out the same amount of power (watts). Your amp will not run hotter or cooler.... are you just looking for a single channel line driver for sub, or for all sets of preamp outputs? http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...l=audiofanaticz I still got it, not looking for much. $20 + shipping. Money will be donated to smd except shipping costs. As I said I dont believe in them and noticed no change in my audio system with or without it. Too me a line driver is in the same boat as a capacitor.... FOR NOOBS Hopefully no offense is taken at the noob part accord.
audiofanaticz Posted March 30, 2008 Report Posted March 30, 2008 also, you dont want to really run to high on the voltage, Id try to keep it at atleast 7 or 8 volts and under. you may end up frying the amps driver board if giving to much input voltage... When your talking using that high of voltage, that results in praticly 0 gain at all.
AI James Posted March 30, 2008 Report Posted March 30, 2008 its dependant on the amp your using, some amps cant take it, HU preout voltage drops like a leaf, andi dont feel like a noob whatsoever i know that line drivers work i care less who doesnt want to use them because "they are for noobs"
ISO Posted March 30, 2008 Report Posted March 30, 2008 I just ordered a Phoenix Gold TLD22 line driver. http://cgi.ebay.com/PHOENIX-GOLD-TLD22-2-C...1713.m153.l1262 Heres a link. I'm going to use it with my RF 1501BD witch has a 6 volt preamp input. The TLD22 can put out 8 volts but there are channel adjustment controls under the cover so I should beable to level match it the way I want. One thing I saw in the manual about it was that it said to turn the gain all the way down on the amp and do the level controlling with the TLD22. Witch kinda makes since. I mean in a perfect world wouldn't you want to keep the gains on an amp all the way down and feed it just the rite amount of signal that it needs to function at the most optimium level. Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one. "Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go." Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. The Destruction of a person builds character.
audiofanaticz Posted March 30, 2008 Report Posted March 30, 2008 Witch kinda makes since. I mean in a perfect world wouldn't you want to keep the gains on an amp all the way down and feed it just the rite amount of signal that it needs to function at the most optimium level. yea, cuz if you keep your gains turned up your going to clip the hell out of your amps.... So my question to you accordman is, you get this line driver, now how is it going to benefit you? Either way your amps is going to put out the same rated power with or without the line driver because you can easily adjust the T4001bd to work with 2.2 volt input. And yes, some amps can take the higher input signal, but that will result in running your amp with 0 to little gain adjustment, which there is no benefit in. And yes, your voltage from the headunit does get weaker through the RCA's, the longer the RCA cable the more voltage you are going to lose, but even with that you should have more then enough room to correctly set your gain. But whatever, I tossed you a good deal, and you shot it down so your on your own...
AI James Posted March 30, 2008 Report Posted March 30, 2008 shot me a deal? thats a great price on a Overdrive if i had a need for it i would pick it up.
audiofanaticz Posted March 30, 2008 Report Posted March 30, 2008 so you go from wanting to buy a line driver to not wanting one now? I dunno I must be blitzed outta my mind right now cuz im confussed But offer stands. $20 for the audiocontrol overdrive linedriver plus shipping (most likely under $10 bucks) can be shipped out monday before 1pm central time. edit, my bad.. I must be smoking that great stuff.. Im getting chode and accordman mixed up... ahhahahahahaha
AI James Posted March 30, 2008 Report Posted March 30, 2008 so you go from wanting to buy a line driver to not wanting one now? I dunno I must be blitzed outta my mind right now cuz im confussed But offer stands. $20 for the audiocontrol overdrive linedriver plus shipping (most likely under $10 bucks) can be shipped out monday before 1pm central time. edit, my bad.. I must be smoking that great stuff.. Im getting chode and accordman mixed up... ahhahahahahaha you got me confused with Chode, i have a 6xs sitting here right next to me.
benz280se Posted March 30, 2008 Report Posted March 30, 2008 LOL I had one on here I was trying to get rid of, I really dont believe in them what so ever unless your head unit is .5 or 1 volt outputs. Since every amps gain can be adjusted from 0.2volts to around 6 volts. So that means as long as your headunit has a higher output voltage then 0.2 volts you can properly tune your amp gain without use of a line driver.. Now if running multiple amps without strapping/linking, and you have 1 rca sub output from the deck and you splice that signal 2+ times with Y adapters you are weakening the signal from the RCA cords resulting in needing a line driver. A line driver will not make your amp(s) run more efficent, if you have your gain set correct with or without a line driver you are still going to be needing the same amount of power (amps) and be getting out the same amount of power (watts). Your amp will not run hotter or cooler.... are you just looking for a single channel line driver for sub, or for all sets of preamp outputs? http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...l=audiofanaticz I still got it, not looking for much. $20 + shipping. Money will be donated to smd except shipping costs. As I said I dont believe in them and noticed no change in my audio system with or without it. Too me a line driver is in the same boat as a capacitor.... FOR NOOBS Hopefully no offense is taken at the noob part accord. hey ill buy that overdrive from you. im serious pm me or heres my email [email protected]
Chode69 Posted March 30, 2008 Author Report Posted March 30, 2008 whoa whoa whoa im the one looking for it. i think i should get dibs on it NoFearX18 said: Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said: i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL! trainman0978 said: I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P... Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power 2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!! DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.