5-6k recommended batt and alt

I'm still learning here but imo 6 g31's and a dual 350amp alt setup with 4 runs pos and neg of 2/0guage wire should keep you close.

3-4 group 31's plus stock, and a 250+a alt, 3-4 runs of 1/0.

x2

I would change the 3-4 runs to 2 front to back. too many runs can cause your alt to work harder. and add a good battey charger at least twice a week

Where did you hear that too many runs makes your alt work harder?

Not gonna call out names. But a guy who has won best of show at SBN twice. So definately not a rookie

And what is the benefit of 3-4 1/0 runs thats 250-325amps per run depening on length on a 250a alt. I see no gain

And what is the benefit of 3-4 1/0 runs thats 250-325amps per run depening on length on a 250a alt. I see no gain

Doesn't mean the alt works harder. Each run see's less amperage. Is it a waste of wire? YES. Does the alt have to work harder? NOPE

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

This thread is getting ridiculous..

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Doesn't mean the alt works harder. Each run see's less amperage. Is it a waste of wire? YES. Does the alt have to work harder? NOPE

I can agree with that.

But it's something I was told by a pro. Can I prove it? NO. will I try to ? Hell no. that an expensive test

I can agree with that.

But it's something I was told by a pro. Can I prove it? NO. will I try to ? Hell no. that an expensive test

Like I said, the alt won't work harder. Draw is draw regardless of runs. Its not expensive, just sounds like someone trying to sound "smart". You can't reinvent electricity LOL

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Op,

Run as many betteries as you can afford and fit (3-4 minimum). And get biggest alt you can get. If these are not something you can attain. Stare at your voltage at all times or you car will implode and turn to dust like a vampire in the sun

Archived