Sundown Audio

Performance Teknique ICBM-900.4, 4 channel???

AstoSoup

Check sonic electronix

Here is one in your budgethttp://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_67753_Rockford-Fosgate-R300X4.html

Nice price and it's RF :) Being that it's Fosgate, that 50x4 @4ohms is probably more like 80x4 @4ohms, right?

Could very well be it would also match all your mids. I know my P400-4 puts out more closer to 80

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

I doubt you find what your looking for $150

The crescendo 800.4 is $299

http://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/crescendo-audio-s800-4/

$300 for 300W RMS is crazy..... HOW much better could that Crescendo sound than say an RF Punch 400.4? Certainly not disagreeing that the Crescendo is a better amp, they are about the best amps made, IMO. I just do not see what the actual NEED for anything better than a mid end component amp is? Cheap sub amps will not do rated power, are not efficient, won't last, etc. Shouldn't be too hard to do a rated 300RMS, which isn't enough RMS to really be worried about efficiency and mid end amps usually last quite a while. Not disregarding everyones advice, I appreciate it and agree the Crescendo, SQB, Sundowns are better amps. My question is, just how much more sound quality will the higher end amps yield when compared to say, RF, Clarion, Hifonics, etc.? Also keep in mind that my mid bass, mids and highs are RF as well, not exactly "top of the line". Would a mid end amp be ok for mid end components? Sorry, I know this all sounds kind of newbish but up until now, I was a SQ freak, with no more than 600w RMS powering my subs. Didn't really NEED that extra power in the mid/high area lol

Head Unit - Clarion VX709 7" DVD Touchscreen

Mid/Highs - Front Doors - RF Prime 6.5" component mids.

A. Pillars - RF Punch component tweets.
B. Pillars - RF Prime component tweets.
Rear Doors - RF Punch 5.25" mids.
RF Punch 3-way passive X-overs.
Mid/Highs Amp - MB Quart Onyx 360.4, 4 channel, 640W RMS.
Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Sub Amp - Audiopipe GD6001 @.5ohm, clamped 2825RMS.
Box - 9.6 cu^3 net @35Hz, three 6" aero's.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

Check sonic electronix

Here is one in your budgethttp://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_67753_Rockford-Fosgate-R300X4.html

Nice price and it's RF :) Being that it's Fosgate, that 50x4 @4ohms is probably more like 80x4 @4ohms, right?

Could very well be it would also match all your mids. I know my P400-4 puts out more closer to 80

I'm thinking I am going to give this one a try. My components aren't high wattage and my main concern is how much SPL I can get, lol. Would rather spend the extra cash on a better sub amp and dump this POS Hifonics. As long as I can hear my mid bass and highs over my subs and it isn't distorted to hell, I will be happy. If I am going to spend the $250-$300 on a top notch 4 ch., I may as well get some really nice mids/highs to go with it. Something I will do later on and concentrate on my subs for now. Thanks for the suggestion, and thanks to everyone who took the time to help me out here!

Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

Check sonic electronix

I'm thinking I am going to give this one a try. My components aren't high wattage and my main concern is how much SPL I can get, lol. Would rather spend the extra cash on a better sub amp and dump this POS Hifonics. As long as I can hear my mid bass and highs over my subs and it isn't distorted to hell, I will be happy. If I am going to spend the $250-$300 on a top notch 4 ch., I may as well get some really nice mids/highs to go with it. Something I will do later on and concentrate on my subs for now. Thanks for the suggestion, and thanks to everyone who took the time to help me out here!

$300 for a 4ch is not a high end top notch amp. Crescendo amps are not the best amps made. Also don't group rf with clarion and hifonics. Do you need a top of the line amp? No but I wouldn't cheap out either it's cheaper to spend the money once than to keep replacing stuff do to low quality shit breaking.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Are you looking for 300 what in total or 300 per channel?

That Rockford that was posted is Rockford entry level I wouldn't expect 30+watts from it. Maybe, I would stick with it does rated plus some but not 30 more watts

If that's what you need go with the Rockford

The crescendo I posted does 125 at 4ohms and 200 at 2ohms

It all depends what you need

Check sonic electronix

$300 for a 4ch is not a high end top notch amp. Crescendo amps are not the best amps made. Also don't group rf with clarion and hifonics. Do you need a top of the line amp? No but I wouldn't cheap out either it's cheaper to spend the money once than to keep replacing stuff do to low quality shit breaking.

No, I said they "are about the best amps made, IMO". I didn't group RF with Hifonics, but they are similarly priced. The SQ Q1-1200D's I am buying for my subs are $269 ea., shipped. That's $269 for 1200 RMS vs. $300 for 300 RMS, I just was curious as to why. Also, I can't help but wonder what exactly is the benefit of SQ over RF, or any other decent 4 ch.? I mean, if all do rated power and are about the same efficiency, is it purely SQ that is gained with the more expensive component amps? I mean, I am genuinely curious and love to learn, so educate me here... I know durability can be a factor but the fact of the matter is, my budget just will not allow me to afford both a SQ sub amp and SQ component amp. Will the RF Prime yield decent SQ and last at least a year on good electrical? Also, what about this one? http://www.ebay.com/itm/MB-Quart-ONX4-80-640-Watt-RMS-4-Channel-Amplifier-Car-Audio-Amp-ONX480-/390942653926?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item5b05ff7de6&vxp=mtr

Are you looking for 300 what in total or 300 per channel?

That Rockford that was posted is Rockford entry level I wouldn't expect 30+watts from it. Maybe, I would stick with it does rated plus some but not 30 more watts

If that's what you need go with the Rockford

The crescendo I posted does 125 at 4ohms and 200 at 2ohms

It all depends what you need

75wx4 @4ohms will be good. Again, the components are not high wattage components, so 100wx4 max is all I would need. The 8's are 125w RMS ea. and the 5.25"s are 60w RMS ea. Both the 5.25"s and the bullets run off the crossovers, I believe will be at 4ohm final but I could be wrong.

Quick, crude example of what I am doing. 8's are going in fiberglass kick pods, 6.5's in front doors, 5.25's in rear doors, bullets on front pillars, Prime tweets on center pillars.

example_zpsd2244c12.png

Archived