2002 Mustang 10" AA Mayhems Ampere 3800.1 and some other goodies -- finally making progresso

Hey all

Finally getting around to starting a log here. I think I've more or less hit the point of no return with this build, so let's do this.

Car is a 2002 Mustang GT, bought it back in June (like 2 weeks after I graduated high school.) Always loved stangs, and all through high school I wanted one incredibly bad, so when a good deal popped up I jumped on it. Looking back it wasn't a great buy, the car has some demons. Like seriously, I don't think it will ever run 100%. But after lots of work, blood, sweat and tears she is decent. And with some more fixing maybe I can get her there....

Anyway, here is the moo cow

IMG_0673_zpskz3sbnnf.jpg

Now, on to the good stuff. As I said, I have pretty well hit the point of no return. Equipment is as follows

Singer Alternator (200A, but he says there is some funky new shit in there. He won't say exactly what but he keeps reassuring me it will not disappoint. Here's hoping.)

XS D3400 under the hood...self explanitory.

CNF Terminal blocks (Thanks again Kevin, still absolutely love em.)

Pioneer 80prs...speaks for itself I think

Nendo PWS 6.5 mids (Still waiting to be installed, I'm pumped for these.)

Nendo RTS-1 tweeters (Decided to try the soft dome instead of the FT-1...we'll see how I like them.)

Kicker DX400.4 to run those. Super solid Amp, two years and never missed a beat. Don't see any reason to change it yet.

And, the reason I say I hit the point of no return: Ordered a pair of AA Mayhem 10s today. Now just waiting for these to be built...man I'm excited for these.

I still need to get an amp for the subs, but I am planning on an Ampere 3800 for the time being. Down the road I may get a second, but for now I'm not even sure how well my current electrical will like just the one.

A few little pictures to follow, we've got some work done. No sound yet...but a hell of an electrical.

Welcome to all, let's have fun.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So...last night we got the alt and battery in.

20141009_200949_zpsumax2t0d.jpg

20141015_083425_zpsvslwd5nq.jpg

I think Kyle has a video or two, and maybe some more pics?

EDIT: Shit, I need to clean the engine bay. That will happen...soonish. Promise.

Also, just FYI, Kyle is a personal friend. Going to be seeing lots of him around, I'd be so fucking helpless without him. (Thanks bro <3)

Did some work tonight as well. I didn't even think to measure the size of the factory tweeters when I bought the Nendos...ran into a little mounting issue.

20141016_002532_zpssbzfxack.jpg

So I decided to see if Hobby Lobby had anything to help me out. Found some basswood...got funky. I think it will work, might try to resin them up to add a little strength. We'll see how they hold up when I get the tweets in. But so far so good.

20141015_210534_zps17fi1n0w.jpg

More to come. Hoping to get the mids and highs in and tuned next week, assuming all goes well. Also going to get started on a box here soon...

Okay, got one of these pretty much done. I'm pleased, I think they will work just fine.

20141016_021605_zps3bp1ybrk.jpg

20141016_021703_zpsakevkezo.jpg

Once I get them glued in, and the tweeter glued in, I think they will be just fine.

Tuned in. Subs should be cool. Haven't seen many of the ascendant tens.

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Damn you stay up to late dude. All of you do.

I like the log idea. Good idea on the tweets to. Sorry. Got your text, but man. After last night and today, I was beat.

I just clicked the "watch" tab. I'm in

Can't WAIT to see those tens. I may do them in the Acura trunk. :)

Let's get ya a amp ordered. I think I may have a pic/vid on my iPad. I'll look.

tuned in for next month when the subs come

funny-pictures-popcorn.gif

p.s- start thinking about how you are going to secure the spoiler because it is going to shake off even with the trunk sealed 8)

I think the new tens are even a longer wait. Im sure i could get them here sooner if i called and asked. But,... meh .. Its all good, where tossing enclosure designs around with Justin and Brian. After dropping a full load on mayhems (original plan was for havocs LOL ) he needs to save up some swag to get a Ampere 3800.1. So, we have time. He needs to run some 1/0, maybe tap in some new grounds. He has a LOT of work to do, but, i forsee dragging him to shows with me next season.......

Im really tuned in to see the subs. Im really curious about them.

Tuned for enclosure. Planning a 2 10 or 12 1200watt trunk build for my sister's infinity G35. Interested to see how you go!

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

tuned in for next month when the subs come

funny-pictures-popcorn.gif

p.s- start thinking about how you are going to secure the spoiler because it is going to shake off even with the trunk sealed 8)

LOL

I was told they actually had all the parts ready to go yesterday, so it shouldn't take too too long. I hope.

Archived