Amp fuses and second battery.

Hey i have a question on wiring an amplifier to a rear battery. If my amplifier has fuses on it do i still need to put a fuse on the power wire to my second battery?

also can you guys double check to see if i have my wiring down before i burn down my car.

ok so what i am planning on doing is run a power wire from my front battery with a fuse 300A fuse near that battery then connect that wire to the rear battery positive. and im not sure about a rear fuse for the amp.... My amp has 2 100a fuses in it. i made visual down below. all wiring will be done in 1/0.

Front Batt+--->Fuse-->Rear Batt+----->200A Fuse???---->Amplifier+

Now for the ground on the rear battery do i need to ground it to the chassis or no grounds at all just connect my amps to them.

Rear Batt Neg--->amp Neg

or

Ground in rear somewhere inside trunk area---->Rear Batt Neg----->amp Neg

Fuse the front battery and then before the rear battery...either run another run for the ground from the front battery or find a good ground in the back...sky high wire?

Just think of the wire between the batteries as fire starters. So you want to fuse before and after any secondary batteries to be safe unless it is a very short run to amp.

Heres some pics of what i did to give you a example.

electricalupgrades2014002_zps8e3a4098.jp

electricalupgrades2014001_zpsdfc0fcd5.jp

Subupgrade2014005_zps8ffb84c4.jpg

03lancerupgrade3025_zps1c600dcd.jpg

03lancerupgrade3022_zps8ce214fc.jpg

03lancerupgrade3016_zps5b08e583.jpg

03lancerupgrade3015_zps23343cce.jpg

My electrical consists of 200+ Singer alt, to batts under the hood and 2 in the trunk. So lots of OFC wiring and fuses. So much i had to buy one of these for crimping.

Crimperampwire2014007_zps4c6bf638.jpg

Listen to him.

Bcbrassard, next time I'm coming into anchorage u need to get ahold of you. I need some wires crimped.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Yes it is sky high 1/0 wire. wow thanks guys for the pics and info, so i will fuse both sides of the power wire run. One near the front with a 300A fuse and the right before the second battery i will put another 300A fuse. and then the run from the second battery to the amplifier dont use a fuse because my amp is fused already. Or should i put a fuse for extra safety or will that just be wasting money? so how does this look now.

Front batt+-->300A----------------------------------->300A--->Rear batt+---->amplifier+

or

Front batt+-->300A----------------------------------->300A--->Rear batt+----200A???????-->amplifier+

and for the ground i will find a nice grounding spot in the rear somewhere

The more, the merrier.

It's better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Dang i just did some research and need to know if this is true. ok so, is it true you cant mix 2 different size batteries in parallel? like for example if i have a xs power d3100 up front for my starter battery and i am putting an xs power xp950(possibly 2) in the rear would one battery cause the other to drain faster or something? would i need what is called an isolator if i do this set up? help please

Archived