Sundown Audio

Sundowns= Indestructable.

Thewes

No WAY. WOW. Got a long story for you all. I was driving around town today and see these 2 SEXY ass girls in like some hatch (yeah crazy shit they were sexy though) with an Iowa license plate or something. I speed up next to them and my friend thinks it would be hilarious to bump it right next to them, so he turns it up. Well, Ya Dig by Young Jeezy screwed comes on and starts to jam and then I past them a bit and boom the dreaded smoke smell. I freak the fuck out, turn everything off, and flames start to pour out of the fuses, and i just put my head down in shame. I just fucking blew a piece of nice equipment due to being a moron, but I pulled up at a friends, checked it out a bit more. The fuses were MELTED, the speaker wire was MELTED, the power/ground terminals were a bit black. I gave it a quick wipe off, set the gains with a multimeter, and replaced the crispy fuses. I really had little hope here, but I turned everything back on, and god fucking damn, what do you know, still bumping just as hard... I honestly don't know what to say about sundown, these fucking amps are indestructible. A flaming amp going on to jam out 20 minutes later is incredible. My sundown saz1500 came back from the grave today. Awesome. All I can say. Never using another type of amplifier.

teamsundown-1.jpg

thats pretty damn lucky too...but sounds like a pretty tough amp too. kinda like my mtx 1501d...runs at 1 ohm all day every day never gets hot never cuts out...straight up BEAST

1989 Chevy Caprice Classic
350ci V8 High Performance

JVC Arsenal HU

JL XR series components

Infinity Reference 6x9s

Pioneer Premier 4-Channel

Clarion 2-Channel

Rockford Fosgate Series 1 2-Channel

Fusion 2000.1D

MTX Crossover

RF, Knu, Kicker, and Monster wiring

NVX VCW 12in. Sub **Won on here from the Sonic contest!**

*Build log coming soon!*

Starting all over pretty much which the gear listed...lost almost everything I had, including my life. Never take life and what's in it for granted.

thats pretty damn lucky too...but sounds like a pretty tough amp too. kinda like my mtx 1501d...runs at 1 ohm all day every day never gets hot never cuts out...straight up BEAST

Was running this at .5. Still run it at .5, just with gains adjusted correctly. Lost a tad bit of bump but heat isnt an issue unless I go for about an hour straight and so far no fires :D Oh yeah, and Ill post some pics of the fuses too. This is what caught on fire, not the board. I honestly don't know what caused it, the fuses didnt just blow, it blew fucking holes through all four 40 amp fuses. Holes. Voltage drop?

teamsundown-1.jpg

Was running this at .5. Still run it at .5, just with gains adjusted correctly. Lost a tad bit of bump but heat isnt an issue unless I go for about an hour straight and so far no fires :D Oh yeah, and Ill post some pics of the fuses too. This is what caught on fire, not the board. I honestly don't know what caused it, the fuses didnt just blow, it blew fucking holes through all four 40 amp fuses. Holes. Voltage drop?

may be a short somehwere, Ive had this happen, go through and check all your power wires, make sure they didnt ground out somewhere

may be a short somehwere, Ive had this happen, go through and check all your power wires, make sure they didnt ground out somewhere

The amp fuses wouldn't/shouldn't blow from a power short - that should just make the amp cut out (unless the short is internal)

Running it at 0.5 ohm means it's going to draw a hell of a lot of current - it's more likely that either your speakers shorted or the note being played was bang on where your box gives the very least impedance rise.

The reason you can get away with bumping them at 0.5 is probably impedance rise - a sub playing music has a higher impedance than it does when sitting still. However if you play just the right note, your impedance will be very very close to nominal (0.5) so your amp suddenly draws HEAPS of current - then one fuse blows slightly before the others (no 2 fuses will be identical for blow current) and then it cascades :o

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

The amp fuses wouldn't/shouldn't blow from a power short - that should just make the amp cut out (unless the short is internal)

Running it at 0.5 ohm means it's going to draw a hell of a lot of current - it's more likely that either your speakers shorted or the note being played was bang on where your box gives the very least impedance rise.

The reason you can get away with bumping them at 0.5 is probably impedance rise - a sub playing music has a higher impedance than it does when sitting still. However if you play just the right note, your impedance will be very very close to nominal (0.5) so your amp suddenly draws HEAPS of current - then one fuse blows slightly before the others (no 2 fuses will be identical for blow current) and then it cascades :o

My bad, it was Young Jeezy- Thats How Ya Feel slowed down. The low part is like 29 hz. Thats when it lit on fire. My voltage was doing fine... like 12.00v now that I think of it.

teamsundown-1.jpg

Archived