Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

need help with dimensions on slot ported box for 2 15" alpine type rs


magic

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ive got a 1000w mb quart onyx amp n my 15s in my blazer. I have 37" width 19" depth and extensive height room too work with. If sumone could help with dimensions and possibly a diagram on a nice simple slot ported design I would be very grateful. Thanks.

Posted

one is the older model one is a newer model but they both run at 2 ohms with the way i wired the coils. So together it is 1 ohm on a mb quart 1000w onyx monoblock. In my blazer. it's actually already outrageously loud I just want to put a simple slot port in Instead of my sealed box so I can get full potential... any help with dimension on box and port would b sweet. The box will face up as well as the ports/port. Only 37" width tops. I could go up to 20 21" depth (heighth with the box facing up) and the other dimension has plenty of room. I need the simplest design I can get bcuz im not the best carpenter so my brother can build it if I can figure out dimensions. The l slot is what troubles me most because I don't want to tune it way out of proportion thanks again man

Posted

P.s. ones super old school with the single smooth surround and the newer one isnt "new" model but it has all the ridges in the surround for more surface area.

Posted

they call for 2.9 to 3 cubic feet in a ported box each so I don't know how that would work in a shared chamber but I appreciate your help. if it's a safe that would be the best way for me to do it nice n simple but effective. It beats in the sealed box but a nice slot port would put a smild on my face. :)

Posted

So here is a suggestion assuming that both are 1542s (the foam surround were typical of the 1541s), power: to sub(s) rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum ports clearance 4 1/2", figure is just an assembly guide:

swr15.jpg

2swrpic_zps13060df6.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9074 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...