thefourth Posted October 21, 2014 Report Posted October 21, 2014 Lol funny thread. Thread is funny Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do thatI can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream. oh lawd.
Eric0817 Posted October 21, 2014 Author Report Posted October 21, 2014 Now I hear what you're saying, if I were to find a way to temporarily seal the trunk and manage to not get a single leak and get it sealed at 100%, then it would be at that point where it would be more efficient, correct?
alaskanzx5 Posted October 21, 2014 Report Posted October 21, 2014 If you were to completely seal off the trunk including keeping the trunk.lid from flexing or building and glassing in a top to the box/trunk then porting the "infinite baffle" it would no longer be an infinite baffle and a ported no instead. So I other words no you can do a ported infinite baffle with a port and turning the trunk into a box. No from the trunk floor to the rear deck do you have atleaat 19-20" tall and 38-40" wide if not 2 18s will not for there as you imagine. t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
Eric0817 Posted October 21, 2014 Author Report Posted October 21, 2014 Thats what i mean turn it into a ported, and i have the width but idk about hight
thefourth Posted October 21, 2014 Report Posted October 21, 2014 You're not fitting 2 18"s properly in a Jetta trunk. IDC how you do it. Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do thatI can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream. oh lawd.
Eric0817 Posted October 21, 2014 Author Report Posted October 21, 2014 The back seat will be non existent, they're going to be almost in the cabin
thefourth Posted October 21, 2014 Report Posted October 21, 2014 Then why not just wall it? You're trying to cram 1,000 lbs worth of shit into a 25 lbs bag. Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do thatI can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream. oh lawd.
never knows best Posted October 21, 2014 Report Posted October 21, 2014 IB is vas*3 if not more like *4 from what I can tell your sub has vas=254L which is roughtly 9cuft... so for two 18's your box will need to be approx 54cuft and thats on the small side-
jk13 Posted October 21, 2014 Report Posted October 21, 2014 This is no longer an IB discussion, but rather if the trunk can be sealed and supported properly to become an actual box. I still say no, not with even close to the results of a proper box of similar air space. Static drops are my bag.
Rockford96 Posted October 21, 2014 Report Posted October 21, 2014 You're not fitting 2 18"s properly in a Jetta trunk. IDC how you do it. I drive a jetta now fitting a 15 seAlex off in the trunk was a struggle.. My setup, Digital Designs M80 3 Re audio 10's ported tuned to 36 hz Kenwood x-696 SHCA 0 gauge Polk audio coax running off hu
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.