Battery Bank Wiring Diagram (Thoughts?)

Also, with this setup, was planning on using 300amp fuses.....will this be too much? This is going to be for daily system so I won't be burping or anything like that.....

Would rather blow some fuses than ruin my equipment.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

When you have a short the wire carries a huge amount of power. I've heard 800 amps or more. The wire was never built for this and can get burned up very fast ruining the wire and possibly catching something on fire. What size fuse you use depends on how much current you need to go across the wire's, how much they can handle etc.

When you have a short the wire carries a huge amount of power. I've heard 800 amps or more. The wire was never built for this and can get burned up very fast ruining the wire and possibly catching something on fire. What size fuse you use depends on how much current you need to go across the wire's, how much they can handle etc.

This was my understanding......so if I had a 500 watt system with 1/0 gauge wire and fused the wire for 300 amps (the wire's capability) but wasn't pulling nearly that many amps, wouldn't this basically be running an unfused wire?

EDIT: just want to make sure I'm getting the protection I need to keep this amp safe!

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Archived