Middle class/upper class suburb wants out of Baton Rouge to form own city; called racist and White Privilege

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

it wnt work because our govt wont let it. someone has to pay those bills. i get it though and would support it

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I don't too much like the tones in the way the article was written but I don't blame them for wanting to split. Instead of getting mad maybe they should prove they can make it on their own. I'm from Chicago where poor is an every race thing as well as the middle and upper class are mixed too. I'm not saying that there isn't racism in Chicago but every race has an honest chance of making it. I haven't been to Baton Rouge but I'm assuming from the way the article is written that the area that wants to split is 100% white and the area that's poor is 100% black.

its not they shopwed the demographic in thr comments

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

In the article it said the new town, St George, would be 70% white. There are other races living in the town.

Its not a matter of race, its a matter of people getting tired of working 50-60 hour weeks when theres people living off of government assitance.

:)

Pretty scary numbers.

http://www.usa.com/baton-rouge-la-income-and-careers.htm

Not sure how much changes from 2012 to 2014, but I wouldn't expect much... Unemployed and not in the workforce is above 30% for male and female above the age of 16 and they are still doing better than 80% of Louisiana.

Interesting story. Sadly I think this type of thing is going to become common place before too long. People, no matter what race, are getting tired of footing the bill for the pieces of shit that are breaking into their homes, robbing their stores, and destroying their communities!

The issue, from what I can put together, is that this segment of that community is providing a disproportionate amount of the tax dollars that are then being redistributed elsewhere. They feel that their local/parish government is not spending the amount of money in THEIR community that is comensurate with the dollars they are contributing, and honestly I think they're right. Can't fault them for that.

What pisses me off is the charges of racism. This isn't a race issue, it's a class issue. It's an issue of they are frustrated that their community is not benefitting from their hard work and money, and the only way to fix that is to form their own city. The local government is historically and overwhelmingly liberal, and pander to the lower class in the community for their (reliable) votes. The same thing happened in New Orleans for years, but Katrina gave a LOT of middle class people the push to relocate. As a result, New Orleans' tax base was shredded because a majority of the people actually paying taxes no longer lived there.

Of course, removing the incentive for people to be lazy shits and live off the government would fix these problems too, but that's racist too.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Archived