Sundown Audio

Taramps 5k

jacobS

been looking at them for a good bit and just looked at sencheezy's post on the 8k's. i have 2 DC lvl 4 18"s. i need a amp that will really make them shine so i figured this is the best bang for the buck. just wondering if anyone has any reviews on the output of them.

1998 2 door tahoe

Subs: 2 DC lvl4 18"s

Mids/highs: nendo pwx 8" and 2 sets of 6.5" mezzo's

Amps: hifonics 2500.1d & hifonics 1200.4 & RF 600.2

145.8 seald up in the kick.

Dude didn't ask you for other amps. He asked about a review on the Taramp.

OP: I haven't used them but the word seems to be if you keep your voltage up and run them at no less than rated ohms they work very well.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Taramps put in WORK if you treat them nicely. 95chevyboy(travis) ran a 6500 that was a HOSS. Lots of big builds popping up with them, looking into a 3k myself.

Key things with them(read these in various users posts/heard them say it): the protection circuitry is kinda finicky. Keep above 11.8 with them. Do Not, I repeat DO NOT wire below the rated ohm load. Have a pretty badass battery bank. These amps will suck juice, and they do it fast. Keep the signal clean, the supplied clipping monitor is fairly accurate. And keep them cool.

TaylorFade aka Tfade is a good guy to ask about them. iirc he ran them daily in a build or two, and has won a few championships with them.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

well i have a hifonics 2500.1 on one at the moment (just added the second recently on a hifonics 2000) and it took the 2500 all day. plus, if i ever want to upgrade subs i have room. i'm just looking around atm to get a idea since im going to purchase a mechman 270 amp alt in the near future. and on some taramps its 2 ohm... so that would be around 4000-4500 on both which is fine with me.

1998 2 door tahoe

oh, well i figured the taramps 5k would be fine, i could wire it to 2 ohms, and still have room to upgrade. i'll look more into it once i get a alt put on

1998 2 door tahoe

Archived