Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

FIRST Build plz help!


zacka11en

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi I have just purchased two NVX VCW 15" dual 4 ohm with a hifonics brutus 2400 amp. XMAS is 20mm needs 5Cu. I am looking to build a box with aeroports and am trying to figure out how they work. I am putting them in a jeep grand Cherokee so i have 15" height 40" wide and a good amount of room for length.

Or am I doing this wrong and should use a slotted port I'm trying to figure it all out and my brain is on overload please help me! im shooting for 32hz tuned box or should i stick with sonic electronics 33hz. i listen to rap, hiphop

Posted

That 2400 should pump out at least rated which is 1k for that sub.

Edit: never mind, thought he had only 1 sub. Reading > me.

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows


Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch


Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)

Posted

That 2400 should pump out at least rated which is 1k for that sub.

Edit: never mind, thought he had only 1 sub. Reading > me.

From what I gathered they are underrated and want 1200w

Posted

Ok so back to the op's actual topic, slot ports are in my personal opinion and experience, easier to figure out for tuning. I've built boxes with both and both sound equally awesome, to me anyways. Download the Torres Calculator or if you have something else that works, and just play around with numbers. It's supposed to be fun, don't get worked up over it not working right away. Take a minute away from the program and come back to it with a clear mind.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Posted

I think the hifonics is a good fit for those subs as they are mainstram subs also, the amp will easily put out 2K, mostly reliability should be your concern with hifonics so you should not abuse it and be aware that there's some chance you will need to RMA it at some point.

On the box based on the specs they give and your dimensions, here is a slot ported suggestion, power: to sub(s) rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 5", figure is just an assembly guide:

nvx15.jpg

15supb.jpg

This should do well, if you still want to do a round port design 2 6" ports should be used but to reach the 32-33Hz you want (and porting back) they would need to be rather long, which you would need to do with PVC, so long that it would result in a rather narrow and deep box and you would need to flare the PVC yourself (or get flares) to get it done (since PSP ports port max length are only 17" - BTW are very expensive ). A bit impractical IMO so I would go with the slotted version above.

Posted

I think the hifonics is a good fit for those subs as they are mainstram subs also, the amp will easily put out 2K, mostly reliability should be your concern with hifonics so you should not abuse it and be aware that there's some chance you will need to RMA it at some point.

On the box based on the specs they give and your dimensions, here is a slot ported suggestion, power: to sub(s) rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 5", figure is just an assembly guide:

nvx15.jpg

15supb.jpg

This should do well, if you still want to do a round port design 2 6" ports should be used but to reach the 32-33Hz you want (and porting back) they would need to be rather long, which you would need to do with PVC, so long that it would result in a rather narrow and deep box and you would need to flare the PVC yourself (or get flares) to get it done (since PSP ports port max length are only 17" - BTW are very expensive ). A bit impractical IMO so I would go with the slotted version above.

I am a past Hifonics owner. It will not do 2k.

Posted

Box dimensions and port design is op. Cmon guys first build dont beat him down about equipment. Lets help this guy get some music going with the equipment that he has.

Still learning but have started gathering.

Posted

Box dimensions and port design is op. Cmon guys first build dont beat him down about equipment. Lets help this guy get some music going with the equipment that he has.

He should sell his amp and get something worth while. Trust me. I sank ~400 into hifonics and it was garbage. A half priced rockford puts out more power. Get good gear and then build. I didn't want to listen when I was told that and I regret it.

Posted

Box dimensions and port design is op. Cmon guys first build dont beat him down about equipment. Lets help this guy get some music going with the equipment that he has.

He should sell his amp and get something worth while. Trust me. I sank ~400 into hifonics and it was garbage. A half priced rockford puts out more power. Get good gear and then build. I didn't want to listen when I was told that and I regret it.

Dude. Let it go. You made your statement. Now, let it go. Thanks.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5208 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...