Hotdog Posted October 29, 2014 Author Report Posted October 29, 2014 I also have a 2 fosgate 500x and if I bi-amp that, then I could be about 125 rms per channel. Would that be the better route? also how to you bi-amp the crossover? there is no instruction in the manual but I have read somewhere that you can. (NEW) 2004 F-150 Build Log -->http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192208-hotdogs-f-150-build-log/ 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Build Log --> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114380-hotdogs-2003-mountaineer-build-log-20-removed/page__gopid__1602379#entry1602379 2008 Equinox Build Log --> http://www.stevemead...g/#entry1475764
jk13 Posted October 29, 2014 Report Posted October 29, 2014 Would be two sets of inputs on the crossovers if they were bi-ampable. All the pictures I see online only show one. Static drops are my bag.
OrionStang Posted October 29, 2014 Report Posted October 29, 2014 Id use a 500 for the tweets and the 800 for the mids. Active LOL. As far as bi-amping, let me dig out my crossovers real quick. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
OrionStang Posted October 29, 2014 Report Posted October 29, 2014 They are not bi-ampable. Only one input on the crossovers. These things are pretty beastly, though. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Hotdog Posted October 29, 2014 Author Report Posted October 29, 2014 Well then, I guess it is the 800.2 at 4 ohm through the crossover with emphasis on keeping the gain low. At least head room wont be a problem. (NEW) 2004 F-150 Build Log -->http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192208-hotdogs-f-150-build-log/ 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Build Log --> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114380-hotdogs-2003-mountaineer-build-log-20-removed/page__gopid__1602379#entry1602379 2008 Equinox Build Log --> http://www.stevemead...g/#entry1475764
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.