Ford 4.6L Misfire Issue

Thanks Man! This has been the most annoying problem..I super cleaned everything months back when I did the tune up. I didnt want to risk getting anything on top of the pistons or down in the head.

Dont your coils come with new boots?

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

What I would check is engine compression. Then fuel related issues. Give me a few I can do a little looking on identafix and see what pops up to see if it might have some other issues.

*edit*

Looks like depends on how long it's been going. Look into the converter maybe starting to get clogged.

Last 2 things I found was possible computer issues and engine replacement. The engine replacements was reported for engine with 250,*** miles, and the other logged at over 1,***,***. I don't know how true that 1 mill is.

If it's worth building, it's worth over building.

image_zps27zlqdnx.jpg

What I would check is engine compression. Then fuel related issues. Give me a few I can do a little looking on identafix and see what pops up to see if it might have some other issues.

I love Direct Hit.. Makes diagnosis so much faster LOL

Edit: but I was going the same place as you.. Check compression and do a block test

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Check fuel trim values with a scan tool. Try cleaning MAF with brake clean. See if the engine will run without MAF plugged in, and then see if misfires go away. Could potentially be a minor vacuum leak. Compression test wouldn't hurt if you have the equipment. If low compression is found, do a leak down test.

Dont your coils come with new boots?

They do yes, and I am baffled as to why I have had so many go bad.

*edit*

Looks like depends on how long it's been going. Look into the converter maybe starting to get clogged.

Last 2 things I found was possible computer issues and engine replacement. The engine replacements was reported for engine with 250,*** miles, and the other logged at over 1,***,***. I don't know how true that 1 mill is.

I have not had the converter checked but will soon hopefully.

Check fuel trim values with a scan tool. Try cleaning MAF with brake clean. See if the engine will run without MAF plugged in, and then see if misfires go away. Could potentially be a minor vacuum leak. Compression test wouldn't hurt if you have the equipment. If low compression is found, do a leak down test.

The very first thing I did when it started missing initially was check the MAF, I cleaned it then replaced it. I had a compression test performed by a shop the same week that I did the initial tune up I dont know the exact numbers but was told the numbers looked good. Thats when the tune up was suggested.

The truck has ran flawlessly all day after I heat shrinked the boot on the number one plug. How long might it last at engine temp? I may shrink them all...lol

• 3 weeks later...

I had a misfire on my 4.6L. Check for oil on the plugs. I changed plugs and COP on every cylnder. Come to find out the threads on one of the cylnder were getting worn out and next thing i know i blew a spark plug out of the cylnder. 4.6 and 5.4 are notorious for this

2004 Grand Marquis
AA Mayhem 18
Crescendo 3500d
6.5's AQ Pro Audio
AQ Super Tweets
Image Dynamics 6x9
Soundqubed 125.4
MB Quart 80.4
144.2 db

GONZO

2013 Chrysler 300S

Granite Crystal Metallic Exterior