hifonix Posted November 3, 2014 Report Posted November 3, 2014 And one 10" to reignite the fire The lone survivor out of 5 polk SR 104's Under Construction
rhedreen Posted November 5, 2014 Author Report Posted November 5, 2014 Crossover in and the Rockford 8s sound much cleaner. I am an idiot though, alt whine appeared and is still there if I hook up straight to the amps again, assuming I fried the pico fuse or w/e it is in the x9600bhs. Going to try wrapping/grounding the RCAs on back of the head unit tomorrow. Dirty White 05' Xterra HU: Pioneer x9600bhs Front: RF R400-4D JL C5-075ct tweets RF PPS4-8 mids Subs: RF r1200-1d RF P3D4-15 x2
rhedreen Posted December 7, 2016 Author Report Posted December 7, 2016 Must be something about November for me. I decided after a couple of good years from the above system that I was lacking SQ. Tried to figure out a way to integrate more mids in the front and convert the PPS4-8 in the doors to just midbass. No such luck, so I tackled my second only fiberglass job and made A pillars for 2 4" speakers each side. The first fiberglass job was the center dash that had shattered from sun-fade and bass...don't judge to harshly. I also got rid of the cheap audiopipe bandpass crossover and went with a minidsp C-DSP (and mic). It has been a lot of reading, testing, re-testing, re-testing, but fun to learn and I like where it is at now. All I have left to do is re-tackle the sound deadening in the doors, dash and pillars as the dedicated midbass buzzes everything up front...driving me crazy too. The center dash is coming back out, going to go with hiding the head unit below and Nexus 7 in dash. Dirty White 05' Xterra HU: Pioneer x9600bhs Front: RF R400-4D JL C5-075ct tweets RF PPS4-8 mids Subs: RF r1200-1d RF P3D4-15 x2
rhedreen Posted December 7, 2016 Author Report Posted December 7, 2016 Thanks bud. It certainly sounds better than it looks. I see you have been busy with projects yourself! Dirty White 05' Xterra HU: Pioneer x9600bhs Front: RF R400-4D JL C5-075ct tweets RF PPS4-8 mids Subs: RF r1200-1d RF P3D4-15 x2
catch 22 Posted December 7, 2016 Report Posted December 7, 2016 Looking good man. Those pillars look great
neuspeedescort Posted December 7, 2016 Report Posted December 7, 2016 those pillars turned out nice. hope the tweeter doesn't have projection issues being faced semi downwards. but that could be camera angle too.
rhedreen Posted December 8, 2016 Author Report Posted December 8, 2016 thanks guys. Those JL tweets have a 2 position bevel in the cup, so I turned them out so they point more head level middle of the car instead of straight to center dash like the mids. It isn't perfect and that tweet spot was honestly an after thought, but they do sound good. Dirty White 05' Xterra HU: Pioneer x9600bhs Front: RF R400-4D JL C5-075ct tweets RF PPS4-8 mids Subs: RF r1200-1d RF P3D4-15 x2
neuspeedescort Posted December 8, 2016 Report Posted December 8, 2016 yeah. i had some tweeters in a sail panel once that had a bit of a down angle. glad you have adjust ability.
rhedreen Posted December 28, 2016 Author Report Posted December 28, 2016 So I added the Nexus 7 tablet. Kept the pioneer for the bluetooth to phone link and CD player, but it is hidden behind the tablet. Fabrication came out OK, but I think I will regret the truck bed liner texture. I like it on the subbox, but seems out of place in the center of the dash. Dirty White 05' Xterra HU: Pioneer x9600bhs Front: RF R400-4D JL C5-075ct tweets RF PPS4-8 mids Subs: RF r1200-1d RF P3D4-15 x2
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.