Sonic Electronix

Will this:
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/rf-hlc4

Be able to power (have to correct my post cause if i don't use the right wording - people want to correct me - HOOK UP) a 4 channel amp AND a Monoblock? Or perhaps a 5 channel amp?

There is no rms rating on this particular LOC and I am looking for something simple but stable to use to connect into my stock hu because I don't want to mess with my stock bluetooth and steering controls.

Thanks!

That's on the input side. Should be no problem unless you're tapping in after a factory amp.

You'll get four outputs, Front/Rear, Left/Right because that's all the channels a factory HU will have. You'll have to figure out the rest from there using aux outputs from one amp to the other or y adapters.

Static drops are my bag.

That's how high the input signal power can be, due to cars that have stock amplifiers. It doesnt effect the output of the LOC unless you have a stock amplifier that drives too strong of a signal into the LOC and fries it. The specs of the RF LOC state how high the input voltage can be. Do you have a stock amplified car?

Then yes, that LOC should be fine for your needs If you get a splitter. But i would suggest going with an audio control LC7i or one of their other 6 channel output LOC's. They're a little more expensive, but are worth it in my opinion, and fit exactly what you need without buying an RCA splitter that might add noise or distortion into your music.

I have ran an LC7 and the are great. As long as you ground them really good and have a DD-1 to find HU distortion level then set the LC7 and then the amps. You can find all three by hooking the DD-1 up to the amp with gains all the way down on the amp and the LC7.

Find clipping of HU, then turn gains up on the LC7 then set the amps gain to that. Theres videos out there to walk you thru it better than i can explain.

OK i retract this statement but only because after doing research on DSP i believe it the way to go for the 2012 malibu build i plan to start in the future. Spendy yes, but well worth it for a clean sounding system.

Knowledge is always growing in this hobby and dont want to be passing on bad intel to others. Where the LC7 worked well for me there are better choices.

^^ exactly what he said. DD1 or oscope is the only way to do things properly and not risk damaging the money you spend on good equipment.

Archived