B-Large Posted November 4, 2014 Report Posted November 4, 2014 I am running a fi Ssd 12 off of a rf 1000 bdcp in 2.3 cubes @34hz. I just set my gain tonight with -10db and the sub isn't moving all that far. The sub has the flat wind coil and cooling option. It is a dual 1ohm running at 2 ohms. Do I need moar power???
rocking.that.eclipse Posted November 4, 2014 Report Posted November 4, 2014 Is it a brand new sub or used?
B-Large Posted November 4, 2014 Author Report Posted November 4, 2014 Its new. Maybe 10 hours break in. its still pretty stiff. I'm comparing it to my sa8v2 off the same amp and the xmax isn't even close.
rocking.that.eclipse Posted November 4, 2014 Report Posted November 4, 2014 Give it a little time to break in. I said the same thing about my n2s when they first got reconed. Its taken probably a good 40+ hours to fully break in and see full excursion of them
Kyblack76 Posted November 4, 2014 Report Posted November 4, 2014 wire lower (in for the BUT THE BDCP DOES POWER EVERYWHRE) wire lower and watch what happens SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
B-Large Posted November 4, 2014 Author Report Posted November 4, 2014 That's what I was hoping. I just missed a 1500 bdcp on Craigslist that I wanted for this setup. I took the 1000 out of my other car so die ant break in I need another amp anyway.
B-Large Posted November 4, 2014 Author Report Posted November 4, 2014 I'm not running my amp at .5 but thanks for the advice.
RooTxBeeR Posted November 4, 2014 Report Posted November 4, 2014 I'm not running my amp at .5 but thanks for the advice. Recone? How come you went with that coil configureation to begin with? On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
B-Large Posted November 4, 2014 Author Report Posted November 4, 2014 Car is stock electrical and the bdcp is more efficient at 2 ohms. Also still matches subs suggested 1000 RMS.
CleanSierra Posted November 4, 2014 Report Posted November 4, 2014 Why does everyone care how much their sub is moving? I see posts like this all the time and can't wrap my head around it. Does it sound good? Is it loud enough? Does it sound clean? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.