noobslayer77 Posted November 4, 2014 Report Posted November 4, 2014 hey, i've been moving my box around in my jeep and a set it laying down with subs back port back, and i was wondering what the appropriate amount of space between the port and the rear hatch. I remember reading on here that there is a way to figure it out based on port area or something, but i don't remember. 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited 2 13w7s skar 3500 cnf mids (soon) xs batteries
hdorre Posted November 4, 2014 Report Posted November 4, 2014 search.. There are threads, on threads.. On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
Jeff4661 Posted November 4, 2014 Report Posted November 4, 2014 Well Idk if this helps but in my Yukon the rule of thumb is port back and 6-8" from the back hatch Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
YukonDCXL Posted November 4, 2014 Report Posted November 4, 2014 Steve Meade's look like his port is really close to hatch... anyone know how close?
Airborne Posted November 4, 2014 Report Posted November 4, 2014 I wonder the same. I had two 15's right behind the cab (snug top) and it hit pretty hard. ( was like 20 years ago)
alaskanzx5 Posted November 4, 2014 Report Posted November 4, 2014 The rule of thumb is an equal distance as the smaller measurement of the port opening. The best way to do it Put it up against it then move it inch by inch 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch untill the sound is best to you or your score is highest which ever is your goal. t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
noobslayer77 Posted November 4, 2014 Author Report Posted November 4, 2014 ok. thanks. I figured 4-6 inches would be appropriate. i've found it sounds best at 4.5'' 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited 2 13w7s skar 3500 cnf mids (soon) xs batteries
Kyblack76 Posted November 4, 2014 Report Posted November 4, 2014 Width of port ..... Away. Lol on vehicle specific. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Cj Kumz Posted November 5, 2014 Report Posted November 5, 2014 Personally I like to add 1 or 2 inches on the port width. I do this cause I normally end up having a lower tuning when the clearance is exactly port width (that's for slot ports only), seems to lengthen my port. So a 4inch wide port I'll do 5-6inch clearance. Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
AstoSoup Posted November 5, 2014 Report Posted November 5, 2014 I think it also may depend on how much air the subs are moving, but 6-8" is what I have always been told for most applications. I do know that too far away, they will not load worth a shit. Found that out after about 2 hours of moving my box around one time, lol Head Unit - Clarion VX709 7" DVD Touchscreen Mid/Highs - Front Doors - RF Prime 6.5" component mids. A. Pillars - RF Punch component tweets. B. Pillars - RF Prime component tweets. Rear Doors - RF Punch 5.25" mids. RF Punch 3-way passive X-overs. Mid/Highs Amp - MB Quart Onyx 360.4, 4 channel, 640W RMS. Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider. Sub Amp - Audiopipe GD6001 @.5ohm, clamped 2825RMS. Box - 9.6 cu^3 net @35Hz, three 6" aero's. Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand) Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.