Second Skin Audio

Bracing with angle iron (thick...not the flimsy stuff)

magillaru

What do you mean by thick? And what size angle? Like 2x2x3/8?

Ehh, not sure yet....basically something that's going to provide good structural support.....something thicker than the stuff that you can bend with your hands.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

The sides and rear baffle shouldn't be a problem but the port walls and front baffles (each sub has it's own baffle) are my main concerns.....

I'll post a couple pictures later so you can see what I'm talking about.....to start, I'm planning on using a kreg jig (mostly for initial glue setting) but I want to make sure everything is solid....

I'll also be applying some tiger hair to all the internal joints (to make sure no air escapes and because why not).

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

The port wall contact/joining points are top, bottom and front (against the baffle).

It shouldn't be a problem but I want to make every aspect of this box as strong as possible.

61369FF4-051E-4E82-A194-6A73653C1DC5_zps

Here's a shot with the port away from the baffle just to show where it's joining:

B7CCD4A3-9075-47CB-9265-73EB2A404410_zps

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

I think you will be fine without the angle iron. Especially if you are using kitty hair. The angle iron will be overkill.

BUT..............

Overkill never hurt anyone. LAG bolts should work just fine for the angle iron, if you still decide to use them.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

As far as using the kreg jig, do you think I should fasten a few into the front baffle or just the top and bottom pieces? I also don't want to add too many screws and weaken the integrity of the wood.....

EDIT: sorry for so many questions.....this is my first time building an enclosure :shrug:

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

Archived