Sonic Electronix

i have a chyrsler 300 and usually have one side of backseat down but when back seat is up the the carpeted board peice makes the worse sound and the actual deck lid is sound deadened... I have the space where theres supposed to be a factory woofer and the board area has small grill holes so my question is if i were too put a port there would my system sound a little louder when seat is up with the extra air flow and with the small grill holes gone and a port there would that help with the rattle/vibration of the carpeted board?!?

Thanks

14 Chrysler 300S AWD On AIR!!!

I'm curious for answers as well. everytime someone wants to vent threw rear deck lid it's a 50/50 yes and no.

getting more sound into the cabin..but cancellation issues occur. (so I've heard)

but i had bad deck rattle my self.

i built a brace. drilled the base into the trunk made two 18x4 "walls" and then drilled the deck lid into the walls. no more flex..no more rattle

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

I like the idea of bracing it. This is what i did to try to reduce rattles.

03lancerupgrade3003_zps638cfc0c.jpg

Subupgrade2014004_zpsa79c5e1a.jpg

Subupgrade2014005_zps8ffb84c4.jpg

Subupgrade2014006_zps6c4f8625.jpg

Subupgrade2014007_zpsac19b04f.jpg

Subupgrade2014010_zps3c6dfe77.jpg

Now The rattles and flex moved to the roof. So i guess thats the next step. Nothing like chasing the rattles.

The rattle your getting is the trim/carpet hitting up against the deck lid would be my guess.

Get some closed cell foam and put it on top of the deadener. Should help.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

fawqing clean build BC!

i have the same if not more deadner just like that. except i have 3 layers on the top of the lid 2 on the bottom...still made a ugly noise.

instead of spending another $100+ on deadner i used some left over mdf and 2x4 worked as i thought it would. was a nice place to put led lights in as well.

the trim pieces are a pain... like Alaskan said sniff em out. go to wally world buy some mattress egg carton looking foam go full Tilt while sitting in your rear seats. fill the gaps and move on. 20mins or so you'll fix the issue.

I'm gonna give you two tips tho.

1, be sure to play all sorts different frequencies, what rattles at 40hz won't rattle at 25hz and what rattles at 32hz won't at 55hz.

2, rattles never stop..every day week or month you will hear a new one.

stock up on weather stripping and cheap foam.

i have prolly 30hours of just stopping rattles in my car. might seem dumb...but when you give a demo and someone says "wow it's so clean..there's no rattle" it's worth it!

i have at least $80 bucks worth of weather stripping threwout my car.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

The rattle your getting is the trim/carpet hitting up against the deck lid would be my guess.

Get some closed cell foam and put it on top of the deadener. Should help.

I'm ordering some closed cell foam myself for my rear deck. I have alot of sound deadner on it but it still makes noise.

I hear man, first you stop the metal rattles, then the plastic from hitting the metal rattles then its the plastic on plastic rattles. Will IT Ever End! lol

yea i dont have any metal rattle just the carpeted board when seats are up but i also wanted it too be louder when i have to have the seats up.... i was thinking about putting one these ports through the carpeted area where the factory woofer would be too hopefully make it a bit louder when seats up

airports-1.jpg

IMG_3698.jpg

14 Chrysler 300S AWD On AIR!!!

it's not going to work.. the port will actually mess with he tuning and will fuck it up.. you just dont make a hole and hope it will sound louder.. you actually have to redesign the enclouser.. the best thing to do is building a bandpass box through the rear deck

Archived