Sonic Electronix

i dont have a custom setup i just have 2 alpine type rs in a ported box i just like my music loud alsoi dont see how that port would mess with anything when i usually have my seats down and i am only talking about when seats are up due too passengers.... Also i am not trying too make it louder in general because its very loud just a bit more while seats are up because like i said there usually down so your tuning comment is invalid

14 Chrysler 300S AWD On AIR!!!

Trust us when we say it wont work. The box has to be designed for where & how your going to port it. You just cant go putting holes and ports anywhere you want for spl improvement. Time to do some research.

Find what others has done with there trunk in the same year, make & model.

OR....Just put it there and tell us how it works out.

i am not connecting the port too the box just away for more airflow just as if i was putting my seats down and at the same time kill the awful noise if the carpeted borad shaking i have seen people cut out behind the fold down armrest just for more airflow but i dont feel like cutting the metal back of seat also like i have said i am not trying too gain spl or make it louder because like i said my seats usually down... i dont compete or have custom setup i just like bass while driving

We understand what your trying to do, and we are saying its not a good idea. But do it anyway, sounds like your going too. Thats why i said do some research. Subs in trunk sealed off from cab? Sub facing cab behind rear seats sealed off from trunk? We have been where your at trying to find a way to make it louder, there usually is no easy way.

forget i asked its not a technical question u guys are saying subs sealed off from cab no my seats are usaully down just whne i have them up so are u saying i should do reserch before i fold them down just saying just trying too see what other 300 owners have done... like i said not trying too make it louder if i want it loud i just fold down seats and am good

What i am saying is sub spl is complicated, you want loud? do you want it to sound good? custom box? prefab box? Power going to subs? I havent been doing this but for a couple yrs and have had 3 different sub set up and positions.

Simply adding those ports do nothing different then not having speakers there. If anything those cheap flimsy ports (I've held them in my hand they're garbage) would hurt it.

Best way to do this is

A. Accept that with seats up you loose output and upgrade

B. Build a nice 4th order bandpass port up through the rear deck lid.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

forget i asked its not a technical question u guys are saying subs sealed off from cab no my seats are usaully down just whne i have them up so are u saying i should do reserch before i fold them down just saying just trying too see what other 300 owners have done... like i said not trying too make it louder if i want it loud i just fold down seats and am good

Thought you wanted it to be louder with the seats up?

yea i dont have any metal rattle just the carpeted board when seats are up but i also wanted it too be louder when i have to have the seats up.... i was thinking about putting one these ports through the carpeted area where the factory woofer would be too hopefully make it a bit louder when seats up

thank The bass gods for great stuff!

shit makes a mess tho!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage