Jump to content

External PA Speaker?


sencheezy

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok, so I know that doing this is generally wrong, frowned upon, and "ghetto" for the lack of better term. But my question is this. Is there a "right" way to do this, or "proper" way to do so. If so, what equipment should be used. Any product recommendations?



For those not understanding what I'm referring to, is when people have, generally, weather proof PA Speakers mounted externally of their vehicles, playing music. Again, please skip the whole, "this is wrong and retarded" phase, and just provide some good advice. And no, don't do it, isn't the advice I'm looking for lol.



So from experience, what I have seen people use is those PA speakers, that are mounted to cop cars, and they splice those into an car audio amplifier, and the horns are facing downward.



For whatever is recommended, I know that the speaker itself has to be waterproof, something like marine speakers. I don't want to use marine speakers as they don't, generally, have the same output as an PA Horn, tho more clarity. Anyways, any advice would be great!


165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

Add me on SC, FB, IG, and YT @ Sencheezy

Posted

iirc crescendo pwx line is marine grade. Maybe start there. Some pwx 6 or 8" mids with super tweets.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Posted

iirc crescendo pwx line is marine grade. Maybe start there. Some pwx 6 or 8" mids with super tweets.

Would super tweets be weather proof?

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

Add me on SC, FB, IG, and YT @ Sencheezy

Posted

no matter how you do what you're wanting, it's ghetto. to do it right you need marine speakers. you make a pod that can be mounted in a cavity of a bumper. use a amp that has full range output. speaker must aim downward. the pod must not have any exposed wood if thats what you make it out of.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Posted

You have a 4th order right? just rework a few things and put some pA's facing towards the outside when you roll down your rear windows and for you rear window (where your cargo lift gate is wall off that area an put pA,'s there face rear so that when you lift the glass it will be a wall of speakers or just a few aimed outside and is not ghetto it awesome for block parties and cook outs good luck wish I could post pic on my phone it would be much easier to see what I mean

Posted

Jon Rabe did external pa's on his lifted truck on a roof box. I'd build a mdf/fiberglass enclosure for them then bedliner the outside of it to water proof it. Also having a seperate amp for them with a remote turn on/off would be nice so your not always using them lol.

10434004_654524244632479_426311424379199

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.



EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Posted

if you do something ghetto... it's ghetto...

if you do something right... only haters will call it ghetto

just like those dummies that put big, loud, thumping speakers in their trunk....

aaanyway, lots of good advice here. Marine speakers will stand up to the elements better and any enclosure will need to be weather proofed. Used to have an off road suburban that I'd take to ranch parties and the beach. Tons of fun to have speakers on the outside, doors and hatch open, biggest boombox ever haha

one shop i worked at had a truck come in for pretty much the same idea. The fab guys welded monster size plates and brackets underneath it to hold some big ass speakers. Def alot of mid and highs, and I'm pretty sure a couple subs firing down by the doors. I left before it was finished, but that dedication is far from what I'd call ghetto

Posted

That's a good idea, to mount marine's underneath facing the ground. Would they have good desperiation mounting the floor? I'd image all the sound would be "trapt" underneath the vehicle.

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

Add me on SC, FB, IG, and YT @ Sencheezy

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1424 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...