Second Skin Audio

Trunk sub/port enclosure

mcfalcon

Hi guys let me start off by saying I was planning my next build for a truck and I just totaled my truck Sunday morning so now I have to buy a car to get back and forth to work. So last night I was at work and thinking about the setup. I was thinking subs facing back of trunk(as in seeing them when you open trunk) and port firing through armrest at back of box. Has anyone had any experience with this or any reasons not to try it?

Still learning but have started gathering.

Everything has been tried and usually the most successful way to do it is everything firing forward and sealing off given that your seats fold down, save yourself some time and get a trunk car with a larger trunk with seats that can fold down. Since some vehicles just get louder easier than others you can also do some research on what to get, also don't forget hatchbacks.

Hatchbacks like to get loud and some like to get low and loud.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Yeah. I talked to my parents today and they said if I held out a couple months that they would give me their camry. Im not sure on the year (its in the 2000s) but that would definitely be a decent size trunk. I would imagine the seats would fold down but not sure. Im thinking 2 15's so 6 cubes isnt anything extraordinary.

2 15's in 6 cubes gross isn't gonna happen. 1 15 in 6 cubes gross is more like it. Displacements, bracing, and port will eat up close to 2 cubes, so 4 cubes net. 2 12's would also work great in that amount of space.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

15's are hard to fit in trunks. They're hard to fit in hatchbacks when doing more then 1.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

15's are hard to fit in trunks. They're hard to fit in hatchbacks when doing more then 1.

I fit mine with plenty of room to spare, hell I could have done two but wouldn't have space for any other trunk stuff. 12's and 10's are more well suited for trunk builds, imo

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

I am tossing around the idea of 3 12's. I wanted to go 2 DC XL 15's on a 5k but I am also considering 3 level 4 12s. As soon as I get some measurements we can make a more educated guess.The only hold up is the car is 3 hours away so it may be awhile before I get them.

Archived