Sundown Audio

Real Noob Monoblock Questions

kindofanoob

yes you can wire DVC 4 ohm subs to 1 ohm if you wanted to. That NVX 1200.1 would be a good match.

^ this is true when talking about two subs.

This link will let you play with svc/dvc single and multi sub configurations.

Thats probably more than you asked for but a little knowledge never hurts.

• An amp doesnt know or care about how many voice coils that are hooked up to it. All that matters is the final impedance (ohms) load that you show it. As impedance levels drop, so does efficiency, while demand for current and voltage rise along with heat.
  • When hooked up correctly and using coils of the same impedance rating, the amps output will be divided evenly between all of the coils.

If you are going to run two subwoofers, make sure to get two dual 4 OHM subs, so you can wire them to a 1 OHM final impedance. It makes your search for an amplifier really simple.

less than that would be great - would love to get my kid a nitro buggy for Christmas lol

Gah... Why nitro? Electric is so much better.

If you are going to run two subwoofers, make sure to get two dual 4 OHM subs, so you can wire them to a 1 OHM final impedance. It makes your search for an amplifier really simple.

less than that would be great - would love to get my kid a nitro buggy for Christmas lol

Gah... Why nitro? Electric is so much better.

I went with electric....nitro is too much hassle for a 10 yr old....

what was the final cost of it then? if you don't mind

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Ah he must of meant 90 not 190. I was about to say $190 off a 500w amp, must have not been much left to the price of it after that.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Archived