BigJsMonte330 Posted November 13, 2014 Author Report Posted November 13, 2014 Wow I didn't know I needed to leave the photos on that site... I reposted them
Motorboat KER Posted November 13, 2014 Report Posted November 13, 2014 Generally airspace for a typical 4th order is a 2:1 ratio. Every one cube sealed you need 2 ported. I see most 4th orders have their ported part tuned high to like 45-50hz. The lows come from the sealed chamber.
BigJsMonte330 Posted November 13, 2014 Author Report Posted November 13, 2014 ok, well now that I know that. how many cubes would I make the sealed ends?
boom50cal Posted November 13, 2014 Report Posted November 13, 2014 I'd start at 1. That's what I'm using for my Tantric HD12... But I'm going 3:1 instead of 2:1. If needed you can stuff the sealed section with polyfill. On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
CleanSierra Posted November 13, 2014 Report Posted November 13, 2014 I'll tune in to see what happens. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
CleanSierra Posted November 13, 2014 Report Posted November 13, 2014 How much experience do you have with a 4th order bandpass? Have you EVER built one? How many have you heard? How many normal boxes have you ever built? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Dyintoliv206 Posted November 14, 2014 Report Posted November 14, 2014 Can someone tell me if this box I have would work with my new alpine type r's I ordered? The specs say 1.25-1.50 ported volume and this is 1.55 http://www.audiosavings.com/products/NEW-ATREND-DUAL-12-MDF-VENTED-PORTED-SUB-BOX-ENCLOSURE.g334e847b-f470-491f-8238-928da1d9d22b.r.aspx
BigJsMonte330 Posted November 14, 2014 Author Report Posted November 14, 2014 I've built atleast 15 normal ported boxes. Only built a 4th order once to experiment and it didn't sound good. But I used single 4ohm subs....
ToNasty Posted November 14, 2014 Report Posted November 14, 2014 I've built atleast 15 normal ported boxes. Only built a 4th order once to experiment and it didn't sound good. But I used single 4ohm subs.... Coil configuration shouldn't matter ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
islandpride684 Posted November 14, 2014 Report Posted November 14, 2014 Can someone tell me if this box I have would work with my new alpine type r's I ordered? The specs say 1.25-1.50 ported volume and this is 1.55 http://www.audiosavings.com/products/NEW-ATREND-DUAL-12-MDF-VENTED-PORTED-SUB-BOX-ENCLOSURE.g334e847b-f470-491f-8238-928da1d9d22b.r.aspx Post your own thread...jacka Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-3?hl=%2Bblk9te#entry2881410
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.