opinions wanted making sure i dont miss any.possible issues

03 ford focus zx5

Stock alt is in, big 3, battery voltage 12.8-12.9, charging voltage 14.2-15.

3 times in the last 2 months the car wouldn't start, 2/3 times after waiting a few moments it would work this time it had to get jumped.

Testing the alt and battery tomorrow (load test)

Not certain this is the issue. If the tests come back fine ill be chasing wiring.

When it was having this issue the horn would work but a grinding like sound could be heard from the general location of the starter when the horn was pressed. The suddenly the horn was work and I was able to start the car.

After the battery and alt is tested if that doesn't fix it ill be cleaning all fuse and ground connections, any other ideas?

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

First thing I checked was battery terminals.

Checking all grounds and connections is next n the list.

The one thing in worried about is the grinding noise it made when I pushed the horn. Doesn't do it now but it almost sounded like it came from the starter. Going to do a continuity check on the starter power wire and horn power wire. Maybe there is a bad wire touching together on the.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Possibly, but ill figure that one out to. When I go over all the fusing I'm going to put dmm on with the car off nothing on and start pulling fuses, cleaning contacts, then replacing fuses. If there is a parasitic draw it will show.

Oh forgot to me too, a few months back my wife was driving on a gravel road. A grader was working o it. The tire grabbed a mound of gravel and she list control of the car. Slid right into a swampy mess.. Water got high enough to touch most main grounds, battery, starter and possibly the computer.. Didn't find any issues then but I'm doing a full search again to make sure this isn't related to it.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Corrosion is bad... I did clean it the best I could with out completely stripping it apart though. Let it sit all opened up or a few days in 70+ sunny weather.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

I'm sure the terminals got wet unsure of the fuse box. It was months ago but corrosion takes time to build up. I did spray it with wd40 to displace the water when it happened.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived