4 gauge for 240 amp alt for now?

OP, you can't run 3k on a 130 amp alt in a 12 volt system. You won't get 3000 watts. That's also the least of your worries at that point.

Watts = volts x amperage.

Let's say your 130A alt puts out 130A all the time, even when it's hot and at idle, not realistic just trying to share something. Let's even say it does that and charges at 15V. Yeah, I know.....

Take 15 x 130 and if my math is correct that's 1950 right? Seriously, check my math. That's also pretending that the alternator doesn't have to support anything else other than the system, and you have no voltage drop etc....

Even with a bank of batteries, they do nothing for you until your alternator can't support the load and voltage starts to drop.

Son of a bitch. I typed all that then realized that astosoup isn't the op. He thread jacked and the op is answering his questions.

My apologies gmoxley1

*raises hand* Ran 3.5k on a 60amp alt and two batts.

OP, you can't run 3k on a 130 amp alt in a 12 volt system. You won't get 3000 watts. That's also the least of your worries at that point.

Let's say your 130A alt puts out 130A all the time, even when it's hot and at idle, not realistic just trying to share something. Let's even say it does that and charges at 15V. Yeah, I know.....

Take 15 x 130 and if my math is correct that's 1950 right? Seriously, check my math. That's also pretending that the alternator doesn't have to support anything else other than the system, and you have no voltage drop etc....

Even with a bank of batteries, they do nothing for you until your alternator can't support the load and voltage starts to drop.

Son of a bitch. I typed all that then realized that astosoup isn't the op. He thread jacked and the op is answering his questions.

My apologies gmoxley1

for how long and what batts? haha just playing im still learning about car audio so i cant say anything.

1998 chevy blazer 4 door

stock alt 105a

Battery: Autocraft Gold 75-3

Big Three in Sky High Car Audio 4ga

subs: rockford p2 12's (soon to be sundown SA 12's)

Sundown SAZ-1200d on the subs

Mids and Highs: Infinity kappa 6.5 mid in front doors and tweets in Dash 

sae 50.4 for mids and highs

SMD OM-1 on the subs

My apologies gmoxley1

I know that you know you weren't getting 3500 watts lol, not even close.

Stop it you are going to confuse those who don't know better :D

My apologies gmoxley1

for how long and what batts? haha just playing im still learning about car audio so i cant say anything.

You can hook up any amp to any electrical system. Doesn't mean you're going to get rated unless you've got the electrical to support it.

My apologies gmoxley1

You can hook up any amp to any electrical system. Doesn't mean you're going to get rated unless you've got the electrical to support it.

Haha I know. I was just playing I wouldn't ever think 3.5k on a 60amp at no matter what batteries.

1998 chevy blazer 4 door

stock alt 105a

Battery: Autocraft Gold 75-3

Big Three in Sky High Car Audio 4ga

subs: rockford p2 12's (soon to be sundown SA 12's)

Sundown SAZ-1200d on the subs

Mids and Highs: Infinity kappa 6.5 mid in front doors and tweets in Dash 

sae 50.4 for mids and highs

SMD OM-1 on the subs

Archived