Cj Kumz Posted November 15, 2014 Report Posted November 15, 2014 Ok so my mates subs are making a clapping noise(like there is a loose paper flapping around) especially on higher volume. I checked the cone and spider for cuts but cnt seem to find anything. I thing I did notice is the spider looks like its sagging downwards towards the join with the cone. I assume all subs should have have a level spider through out?? And forgot to mention I found his amp gain almost full, no subsonic and bass boost half hahaha. I don't even wanna disclose what settings I found on the headunit lol.. Any quick fix or ideas people Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted November 15, 2014 Report Posted November 15, 2014 Are the screws holding it into the box tight? That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Skater229 Posted November 15, 2014 Report Posted November 15, 2014 what about the tinsel wire? is it loose? 2010 Chevy HHR Panel (Work in progress) Pioneer AVHX-5800BHS McLaren MLM880's and MLT2's 2ea per door on a DC 175.4 Two DC Audio M4 Level 5 15's On A DC5K Alt CES 200/270+ 4ea Banks of Maxwell 2.7v 3000f caps for a total of 2000f 1ea XS 3100 and 2ea NSB FT170 Batts for 450+ah Not a HUGE build but here it is... DC Audio HHR Build
Syphlyn Posted November 15, 2014 Report Posted November 15, 2014 Are the screws holding it into the box tight? I had this exact problem, sounded like paper or air leaking, tightened down my sub really good and the sound is gone. Syphlyns 2000 F150 4.6L V8 H/U: Kendwood KDC-X898 Speakers: 4 x Alpine SPR-68 Speakers 4 Channel Amp: Alpine PDX-F4 Sub: Sundown Zv4 12 Sub Amp: Sundown SAZ-2000D Box: 2.75 Cu Ft @ 31Hz Alternator: Mechman 250A elite series Wiring: All KnuKoncepz 0 gauge OFC + KnuKonceptz Krystal RCAs
Cj Kumz Posted November 15, 2014 Author Report Posted November 15, 2014 Are the screws holding it into the box tight?I had this exact problem, sounded like paper or air leaking, tightened down my sub really good and the sound is gone.Yah the screws seem to be tight. It makes the sound even when the sub isn't in a box. Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Cj Kumz Posted November 15, 2014 Author Report Posted November 15, 2014 what about the tinsel wire? is it loose? I have noticed he changed the tinsel wire. The old tinsel wire was stitched to the spider but the new wire isn't stitched at all Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Skater229 Posted November 15, 2014 Report Posted November 15, 2014 As I said before... Look and see if the tinsel is able to hit the back of the cone... 2010 Chevy HHR Panel (Work in progress) Pioneer AVHX-5800BHS McLaren MLM880's and MLT2's 2ea per door on a DC 175.4 Two DC Audio M4 Level 5 15's On A DC5K Alt CES 200/270+ 4ea Banks of Maxwell 2.7v 3000f caps for a total of 2000f 1ea XS 3100 and 2ea NSB FT170 Batts for 450+ah Not a HUGE build but here it is... DC Audio HHR Build
CleanSierra Posted November 15, 2014 Report Posted November 15, 2014 That's called tinsel slap. A small felt piece on the back side of the cone will make that sound stop. Attach a small round piece of thick enough felt and the noise should disappear. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Cj Kumz Posted November 15, 2014 Author Report Posted November 15, 2014 Thanks a lot guys will give that a shot when I meet him.. Was even thinking the sound was from the bottom plate being hit. One more thing, should the spider be level from the basket to the cone on every sub? I have noticed his is sagging down near the cone. Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.