Second Skin Audio

4 15s or 1 18

brian222

I have many setups in mind. Eventually will go for 4 15 or 4 18 incriminator dp subs but for right now [current ride has space issues] im wondering what I should go with. This might be a stupid question but im just merely going off of ts parameters here...and I will preface this with the fact that ive never been a fan of audiopipe although the one I have heard was nice...but point is I noticed that a few of the audiopipe subwoofers have decent specs but are really good on price lol. Sooooo my question is 4 "900" watt audiopipe 15s which im sure 900 is pushing their claimed rms limit but still...or 1 ssa evil 18 3250 rms...both setups will be in a sealed box around 9 cubes which gives me around the same fc and f3 [32hz with 18 and 34hz with 15s @ .707 qtc] for both setups amps will be chosen according to whatever setup I go with... [evil will have a lanzar3201opti] also evil xmax = 33mm and ap xmax is only 13 mm so theres that lol I also thought about maybe looking into the high qts 15q series but they would still play way too high for my liking around 50hz fc/f3 anyways..I am more concerned with deep clean bass not tryin to compete..yet...but def want to be heard from a block away so lemme know yur thoughts and setups will not be permanent by any means but if I do go evil 18 then there would be another 18 to follow along with another amp (eventually) so thats the way im leaning but im just thinking 4 15s for less than the price of 1 18 hmm - so I guess the real question hear is QUANTITY OR QUALITY ??

You have much to learn grasshopper.......

The only piece you listed that I'd use is the ssa evil 18........

I'd feel sorry for that sub, to have to suffer with them shitty amps.....

4 15 to 1 18...... REALLY

I mean its just like hifonics 90 percent of their crap is crap but they do offer a line of amps which are CEA compliantand I've seen it dynoed by Steve himself and it pushed more than what it said so I'm guessing the fact that Lanzar opti drive amps are CEA compliant I'm guessing the run about the same and hell for 380 bucks I don't really care as long as it pushes us 2K or so besides isn't it past your bedtime youngster lol

I said opti tard theYre the only cea compliant lanzar amps yes they probably won't hold up for the long haul as good as some of the bigger names but for the price And for the wattage it pushes it's good enough..but thanks for answering the question ass monkey

Good luck with your cea compliant bullshit..... grasshopper lesson #2

Well if you are a good box builder I would do the 4 15's firing up port to the rear because it is almost 3x the cone area of one 18" woofer.

one 18 = 254.34 sq^2

4 x 15 = 706.5 sq^2

That is just my opinion of what I would do. Is it the gear that I would like, no but it should get louder. Cone area is more efficient then amplifier power provided you are a good box builder.

Archived