Second Skin Audio

4 15s or 1 18

brian222

For the record I have 4 15's with 13mm xmax that did over 150db on 3000rms sealed at the dash with them firing up and ported back. Same woofers are in a 4th order now and have done 152's in dash and 153 outlaw on same power.

Then again I have built and rebuilt a few boxes to get it right also. Its a learning experience

Being heard a block away really shouldn't be your main focus, but that's for a different thread.

Honestly, if your plan is gonna be 4 incriminator DP's why not just buy one DP 18 and save cash till you get enough for the other 3.

HOWEVER if you just wanna get loud 4 15's obviously have way more cone area, so even though audiopipe 15's throw up a red flag, you'll probably get louder FOR NOW with 4 15's. But why waste the money on 4 15's if you plan on upgrading eventually.

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

oKay I'm pretty sure I stated this in the beginning but allow me to reiterate I said this is probably a "stupid" question lol meaning the majority of you all would be like seriously but I'm pretty sure I summed up the question at the very end by stating quantity or quality because I am aware of the whole cone area deal and if these were equal quality 15 compared to the SSA sub there would be no question but we're talking 900 watts of audio pipe which you know darn well if I put 900 RMS to it it would probably blow it so realistically I would probably only run 500 RMS to it just to be on the safe side and like I said both setups would be sealed going off the specs of the sub I know ported is better in terms of efficiency but with both of these subs Sealed will still give me pretty decent lows while at the same time saving on port space but while I'm on that topic I believe I aSked joe x this a while back in regards to port area do the majority of you guys lean more towards the 12 to 16 square inch rule or the 1/3 of cone area rule and I realized those aren't dead set more so suggestions but what do you guys go by because if I'm going one-third of cone area multiple subs give me a hell of a port area which means extremely long which means extremely huge box thus, because of my space confinements, that's why I'm going with sealed at this point hope you guys can understand that like I said this is a temporary thing till I get a project vehicle to throw this crap in lol oh and by the way Joe I'm pretty sure I picked up on the sarcasm in there definitely wouldn't make a thrEad of audipipes and LanZar in a sealed lol but like I said I was just askin if 4 crappie 15s be as loud as one quality 18 inch sub providing everything else and I mean everything else would be the same and by loud because I know that is a relative term but by loud I mean heard from further away not necessarily loud in the car

oKay I'm pretty sure I stated this in the beginning but allow me to reiterate I said this is probably a "stupid" question lol meaning the majority of you all would be like seriously but I'm pretty sure I summed up the question at the very end by stating quantity or quality because I am aware of the whole cone area deal and if these were equal quality 15 compared to the SSA sub there would be no question but we're talking 900 watts of audio pipe which you know darn well if I put 900 RMS to it it would probably blow it so realistically I would probably only run 500 RMS to it just to be on the safe side and like I said both setups would be sealed going off the specs of the sub I know ported is better in terms of efficiency but with both of these subs Sealed will still give me pretty decent lows while at the same time saving on port space but while I'm on that topic I believe I aSked joe x this a while back in regards to port area do the majority of you guys lean more towards the 12 to 16 square inch rule or the 1/3 of cone area rule and I realized those aren't dead set more so suggestions but what do you guys go by because if I'm going one-third of cone area multiple subs give me a hell of a port area which means extremely long which means extremely huge box thus, because of my space confinements, that's why I'm going with sealed at this point hope you guys can understand that like I said this is a temporary thing till I get a project vehicle to throw this crap in lol oh and by the way Joe I'm pretty sure I picked up on the sarcasm in there definitely wouldn't make a thrEad of audipipes and LanZar in a sealed lol but like I said I was just askin if 4 crappie 15s be as loud as one quality 18 inch sub providing everything else and I mean everything else would be the same and by loud because I know that is a relative term but by loud I mean heard from further away not necessarily loud in the car

Bro, don't go sealed! You will lose a ton.... If the huge port area is too much go with an aero port.... They don't need as much area to work..

Later you may realize, I'm trying to help you. Buy better product.... Get better results...

and thank you card board cat because that's what I was asking and for two why waste my money is because this is a hobby not an investment 75 percent of the stuff that I build at the house I end up selling anyway I've done four 12s two 15s 4th order 15 yada yada yada but I haven't done 4 15s yet or any 18s and like I said most of it I end up getting rid of and making my money back so the audio pipes would be one of those situations as for the ssa thats a different story im not guna spend $800 on a sub and then try to turn around and sell it because I know I went and get my money out of it so if I'm going that route then like I said I would continually be adding stuff to it same with the incriminating but audiopipes like I said to my surprise their specs aren't that bad yes I know they're not very well made in terms of quality parts and what not but for the price and just to get loud for temporary means like I said cardboard you answer my question and don't freak out guys in no way is this debate over but thank god someone realistically answerEd the question without trying to bash me lol

and poor fish I started out with Rf when I was like 16 yes they are quality made but in my opinion they are overpriced if I was going to spend the money I would go with skar incriminator Ssa sundown ascendant you get the point but to really make you guys laugh I've toyed with everything from RF the Pioneer to Power Acoustik And boss and yes lesson learned !! but in my opinion you're never done learning that's why I'm here

Sounds like you are the type of person that likes to build and change stuff. If that is the case then get the 18, do your build then when you have enough money to get another 18 you will get to do another build.

Archived