arrogant Posted November 23, 2014 Report Posted November 23, 2014 Exactly what the title says. My car does not have seats that fold down and from what I have heard is hard to get air to pass through to the cabin from the trunk. To remedy this I have already removed the stock 10" woofer from the rear deck. Now the question is, do I face the subs forward and seal off the trunk and have a box ported through the hole in the rear deck, or do I just have traditional rear facing subs and allow the air to still escape through that hole? Also, I will be getting Jl subs, and space is somewhat of a concern as I still want to use my spare tire. So the question is purely from a SPL standpoint which of the following scenarios would be best? 1 JL 12w6v3 forward facing with sealed trunk ported through hole in rear deck running off 500W. 1 JL 10w7v3 forward facing with sealed trunk ported through hole in rear deck running off 1000W. 2 JL 12W3v3 forward facing with sealed trunk ported through hole in rear deck running off 1000W. 2 JL 12W3v3 firing towards the rear in a traditional slot ported box running off 1000W. My goals are as follows: SPL as in I want to hear the bass both in the cabin and I want someone 2 blocks away to hear it as well Clean install with minimal amount of gear showing usability of my spare tire and at least a decent amount of the trunk Those three options are the only ones I am considering at this point. Any opinions??
evermaxx Posted November 23, 2014 Report Posted November 23, 2014 Cause you being heard from blocks away is way to get the bitches. Team Subsonic Lows Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch Man....it makes a nice work bench
arrogant Posted November 23, 2014 Author Report Posted November 23, 2014 Ok, I reported that post, hopefully mods will delete it. Anyone over the age of 11 have a response?
reedal Posted November 23, 2014 Report Posted November 23, 2014 Look for your car make and model on here and youtube and see what others have done and you might find what you're looking for. Mods aren't going to do anything about that post because theres nothing offensive about it except to you. And he's right. That shouldn't be your goal to annoy others "two blocks away", it should be to satisfy your listening tastes. It's the Internet. Don't get butthurt because someone says something condescending to you. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
yurvalentine Posted November 23, 2014 Report Posted November 23, 2014 Only way to be sure what will be loudest is to try them all...get started.
MaxVolume Posted November 23, 2014 Report Posted November 23, 2014 getting loud in a trunk car ain't easy ported through rear deck would be best if you can't fold down those seats general rules of loud are bigger enclosure, more cone area, more power
Kyblack76 Posted November 23, 2014 Report Posted November 23, 2014 Ok, I reported that post, hopefully mods will delete it. Anyone over the age of 11 have a response? Glad you reported it. I about reported yours. You want support using your audio to annoy, this isn't the place. Edit- nice name choice. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
arrogant Posted November 23, 2014 Author Report Posted November 23, 2014 getting loud in a trunk car ain't easy ported through rear deck would be best if you can't fold down those seats general rules of loud are bigger enclosure, more cone area, more power Thanks. So what about magnet size, can that make up for cone size? For instance, 12w3 at 1000W there is more cone size than a 10w7 also at 1000W, by a large margin, but when looking at magnet size of the w7's it is much larger than the W3's.
evermaxx Posted November 23, 2014 Report Posted November 23, 2014 Test all 4 Find which one you like. /thread. Team Subsonic Lows Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch Man....it makes a nice work bench
arrogant Posted November 23, 2014 Author Report Posted November 23, 2014 Yea, I don't think the car audio store is going to do four different intalls for me, that is nonsensical.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.