What do you use for a proccessor?

matt14

We ended up going with the audison bit 1! Also git a hertz 5 channel and some audison voce 6.5s componets. Some hush mat deadener for the doors and he wanted to go with some jl subs. Can't wait to get this installed

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

Worst processor ever is the JBL MS-8

Why is it the worst I heard good things about it?

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

I had not 1 but 2 units with a really bad turn on pop for an install I did, the second one wasn't as bad, but still annoying. Even had a turn on pop being tested outside the vehicle.

You need to use this dinky wireless remote to tune it, if you lost the remote you are screwed and cant access any settings (even though it has a separate wired lcd screen), but buttons to control the unit on that would be to hard...

If you want to change small settingson any speaker you have to go through the entire setup process again it seems..

At that units price point it should have an auto sensing remote to turn it on, but it doesnt and they call it an oem integration processor, but lacks a simple feature older cheaper priced processors have. Especial on vehicles that are canbus this just makes it a hassle.

It has an ability to delay amp turn off time to reduce any sort of potential pops, however it does not have an amp turn on delay, something so simple will enable you to avoid turn on pop, but the amps turning on faster than the ms-8 was able to turn on and start feeding signal to the amplifiers is what caused the pop it seemed like.

The only couple things I liked about it is the ability to program a couple multiple listening points like for the driver, or for the passenger, or for both front passengers.

for some reason I liked that it had the input/output wiring harness's as well for some reason.

I myself just cant recommend this product.

Pioneer DEH-P960MP has what PRS80 has. Works great. It's worth having.

I was so impressed that I bought a used Eclipse CD5442 and DSP2301 off ebay for $108 shipped.

That's for my next project!

Just know, that once you go DSP, you can't go back! I think there's another phrase that goes something like that??

-Frank

I use a Clarion 920eq. It an older piece if equipment but, it does its job well and for being 10+ years old I have had no complaints and my music sounds great. got the brain installed up in the glove box and the display fit directly into my console after removing the coin/ ashtray and cigarette lighter.

I might decide to go with the DD X1.1 later unless i come across a 360.

I had not 1 but 2 units with a really bad turn on pop for an install I did, the second one wasn't as bad, but still annoying. Even had a turn on pop being tested outside the vehicle.

You need to use this dinky wireless remote to tune it, if you lost the remote you are screwed and cant access any settings (even though it has a separate wired lcd screen), but buttons to control the unit on that would be to hard...

If you want to change small settingson any speaker you have to go through the entire setup process again it seems..

At that units price point it should have an auto sensing remote to turn it on, but it doesnt and they call it an oem integration processor, but lacks a simple feature older cheaper priced processors have. Especial on vehicles that are canbus this just makes it a hassle.

It has an ability to delay amp turn off time to reduce any sort of potential pops, however it does not have an amp turn on delay, something so simple will enable you to avoid turn on pop, but the amps turning on faster than the ms-8 was able to turn on and start feeding signal to the amplifiers is what caused the pop it seemed like.

The only couple things I liked about it is the ability to program a couple multiple listening points like for the driver, or for the passenger, or for both front passengers.

for some reason I liked that it had the input/output wiring harness's as well for some reason.

I myself just cant recommend this product.

This is disappointing to hear. I've never used a dsp and everyone recommended the JBL MS-8 for a noob like me. is there any thing else with the auto setup feature the ms-8 has?

Archived