EraOfDiscovery Posted December 10, 2014 Report Posted December 10, 2014 I'm looking to buy 2 Sundown SA-15 D2's and I was looking for some box ideas that people have had good success with? I drive a 03 Chevy Tahoe, currently running 2 Alpine SWR-12D2's in a sealed box with 1.76 cubic feet per chamber and 2 Pioneer GM-D8601 ampilifers. I will be running the Sundown off of the same amps so I will be feeding them 800rms a piece. I would like the box to be tuned to around 32hz for SQ and was planning on using a 6 inch areoport, but not sure if one will be enough. The only other request I have is the box be 47/48 inches wide for a nice fit in the back of my truck. Open to any ideas! Thanks! -EraOfDiscovery -Just trying to make the world a louder place, one decibel at a time...
Jeff4661 Posted December 10, 2014 Report Posted December 10, 2014 Well my friend you will need way more than a single 6" areoport for a pair of 15s As for a box get us Ur max dimensions.. Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
EraOfDiscovery Posted December 10, 2014 Author Report Posted December 10, 2014 Well my friend you will need way more than a single 6" areoport for a pair of 15s As for a box get us Ur max dimensions.. I figured that I was going to hear that about the port lol as for the dimensions, 48" wide, 48" deep, 40" tall. -Just trying to make the world a louder place, one decibel at a time...
Smoove Posted December 10, 2014 Report Posted December 10, 2014 What does Sundown recommend on their site? 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
EraOfDiscovery Posted December 10, 2014 Author Report Posted December 10, 2014 What does Sundown recommend on their site? Sundown Recommends 3-4 cubes @35hz for one SA15 -Just trying to make the world a louder place, one decibel at a time...
Krakin Posted December 10, 2014 Report Posted December 10, 2014 For my last enclosure for a single SA-15 we designed the port to have 64 sq inches. It'll be over Christmas break when we get to finish the build. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Jeff4661 Posted December 10, 2014 Report Posted December 10, 2014 48" wide 24" deep 18" tall With 4 6" aeroports (?) 32"long 32hz With .5 cubes (estimated for 2 subs) displacement you will end up with a tuning of 32.26 A net volume of 7.18 And 15.75 inches of port per cube.. Rough box... I've never ran a sa-15 befoe.. should be close.. Also Idk if u could use 8" areos might be better Bcs u would only need 2 Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Jeff4661 Posted December 10, 2014 Report Posted December 10, 2014 Maybe a flared square port would be bettern in this case? Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Joe X Posted December 10, 2014 Report Posted December 10, 2014 So here is a suggestion, power: to sub(s) rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 7 3/4", figure is just an assembly guide:
Jeff4661 Posted December 10, 2014 Report Posted December 10, 2014 So here is a suggestion, power: to sub(s) rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 7 3/4", figure is just an assembly guide: I was waiting for you to chime in ? One day I hope to be half as good of a box designer as you... Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.