Sundown Audio

What are the best CURRENT 7k+ amps that are available today?

PaulPumpsBass

hmm yea thats wild. i was tryna think of something for my own application to cut vibration still struggling to come up with something bullet proof. i could maybe try a few rubber bushings between feet and mounting location with maybe some pieces of sound deadener or foam in between the bushings to soak up some of the energy. like i said if anyone has any ideas or something they are using no matter how goofy i wont laugh id just like to see it to open my mind a bit

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

nah.. i was told by a repair technician that the boards are too long for them to be stable in the amp. they flex inside and short out against the amp covers. if anything you would have to work inside the amp from stopping the board from touching the metal parts. nothing you can do for them outside.. that goes for poorly designed amps though

vibration does travel through air but id think doing all you can to stop as much of it traveling from a physical surface to the amplifier would help a bit

you would think guys bassracing 159s would have alot of issues with this and have come up with something to limit it as much as they can

Kenwood excelon ddx795

McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

hmm i heard one of the main causes of amplifier failure is vibration caused by mounting on the subwoofer enclosure. It may have not given you any issues yet but if it was mine i would feel much better knowing it has something to limit vibration. i would never mount an amplifier on the subwoofer enclosure. who knows though the amp may last you forever and i hope it does

Kenwood excelon ddx795

NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

2007 Yukon xl

I've never had any high powered amps, the biggest amp I've use was a dc 3.5k but probably never went past half its capabilities

I've always had my amps on the box and never have had any problems. From cheap to good amps

Also I've read from members that they put it in their box cause that's what flexes the least

if vibration is what youre afraid. then mount the amp in another car away from the subs.. with bass everything vibrates

I dont think that would work out well for my application I will be driving the vehicle. i am going to try 2 rubber bushing with 3 pieces of foam in between 1 on mounting location, 1 between 2 rubber bushings, and 1 between bushing and amplifier feet. I think thats about the best i could do where I have room to mount it (only 1 spot to mount the thing, space very limited)

theres not much to be done about vibration traveling through the air but i am going to do whatever i can to limit the vibration traveling across physical surfaces and up into the amplifier

Kenwood excelon ddx795

NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

2007 Yukon xl

The amp is clearly not mounted on the box, however that maybe my next move in his truck since the floor is vibrating so bad.

My boxes are not like other peoples boxes though.

This box is over 600lbs without woofers, 3layers thick all the way around, plus additional interior panel bracing and corners 45ed for additional bracing on the seams, and then fiber-glassed.

You cant really compare 159.9 bassrace vehicles to daily drivers, especially since most of them are walled off and are rather solid and some using concrete.
Just from my own wall in my tahoe, the rear of the shell is 7inches thick, it doesnt move a bit, and even turned up you cant really feel any vibrations on the back wall.

A properly built box with bracing will have no effect on an amplfier if its solid. Now taking an amp and tossing it on a prefab that most likelly is only 5/8inch thick and held together with staples and caulk is another story.

In my same friends car I built his box as well and sealed off from the trunk, and on the back of the box there is 2 Sundown SAZ-4500s mounted to it, as well as 2 SAX-100.4s on top of it, and guess what no issues yet and its been almost 3 years!
His truck box for 4 18s I built.
1271676_661995560490921_1905635120_o.jpg

His car setup

464137_591804660843345_2105828739_o.jpg

Your cheapest option will be to run HV. Just buy 10 batteries, group 34 or 31, wire in series, and theirs 50k on tap. Korean amps will be your most expensive routes. Considering batteries, wires, and alts, and the amps themselves.

Run HV? High voltage? What's HV? How do I get 50k on tap by buying 10 group 34 or 31 batteries?

1994 Mazda RX7 with LS1 Swap and 2 - 10" Kicker L7's in Truck Boxes (because of extremely limited hatch space)

2003 GMC Yukon XL with 3 - 12" MTX 9500's and still has the third row seat (over 7.5 cu ft of enclosures behind third row)

1971 Chevrolet Nova with LS1 Swap (work in progress, most likely 4 - 12" Alpine Type R's as I already have them)

1961 Chevrolet Corvette Restomod with LS7 Swap (system upgrade will be one of the first things that I'll do)

Solo Basshead For The Most Part, None Of My Close Friends Have A Passion For It, Nor The Money For It. If I'm Home And Free... Always Looking To Meet Up With A Fellow Enthusiast To Talk Shop Or Do Demos! Hard To Find Fellow Bassheads (Not Crack or Heroin Addicts, I Can Find Them Everywhere) In Baltimore / Mid-Atlantic / DMV areas.

Archived