quincyj34 Posted December 23, 2014 Author Report Posted December 23, 2014 Yeah I went back and looked at my numbers and I only have 2.8 gross so I think I'm going to scratch the port and just do a sealed box. I could do two 10s ported but I would like to have more cone area
White Lightning Posted December 23, 2014 Report Posted December 23, 2014 Bass is my drug of choiceTanned legs and thighs are mine ... Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
quincyj34 Posted December 23, 2014 Author Report Posted December 23, 2014 so now that drug choices have been established. Any ideas on the box/subs?
White Lightning Posted December 23, 2014 Report Posted December 23, 2014 What vehicle is this for ?? Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
White Lightning Posted December 23, 2014 Report Posted December 23, 2014 yeah its in cab. for the back seat. I was just playing with some ideas that i have had on my mind. I was hoping to be able to do two 12s without taking up my entire back seat.... not sure why I had a triple post sorry I can tell you now that laying an enclosure on the back seat is NEVER a good idea. Seat belts or not. Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
quincyj34 Posted December 23, 2014 Author Report Posted December 23, 2014 Trust me. this is the only way to get them in there. Its a 92 f150. I posted a little while back about it. The back seat sits to low to get anything under it and you cant really get a 60/40 split bench for that truck either. So on top is what i have to work with. The reason for this design is because I would still like to have two people sit back there. I've had 10s in a sealed box before and they were ok then I stepped up to a alpine type r 12 on a m500 and I still have that same sub running on a aq 1200d at 2ohms and its ok. Its in a pre fab box but I blew the surround off of it So now im looking for something a little more. Ive been needing help on this for a long time and I haven't found the answer yet. I've bounced around ideas of single 12s ported, single 15s sealed and ported, trying to cram two 12s in this box as you can see but nothing really seems right. I don't want to build it and get let down. Doing two 10s port may be the answer but it just seems like everyone with a truck has done that same thing and I want something different.
Triticum Agricolam Posted December 23, 2014 Report Posted December 23, 2014 Do you understand why putting a box on the back seat is a bad idea? Its because if you get in an accident it can fly around and kill someone. It doesn't matter if its the only way to get them in there, you still don't do it. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
gckless Posted December 23, 2014 Report Posted December 23, 2014 Figure out somewhere else to put it? Lose the back seat? "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.