head phone set ups. post em up!

Philips Fidelio x2's, Topping D3 dac/amp, and Bravo V2 amp.

This is my first setup and i stumbled across this thread the first time listening to it. I don't have much to compare it to but am really enjoying it. So far i am preferring the Bravo tube amp over the topping amp but only 2-3 hours listening time total.

IMG_20150103_140957_077_zps952e96e9.jpg

Im just sitting here with my crappy turtle beach x-12's.

had to super glue the hinges like three times cause either someone sits on them or they get knocked onto the floor.

Oh well, its better than nothing.

DSC_0205_zps1d650277.jpg

I run the SOL Republic V10 Tracks and the Audio Technica ATH-M50's

My 8 year old runs the Audio Technica ATH-M30's while my 15 year old runs the Audio Technica ATH-CK323i's

I use the Fiio E6 just to get more output out of the deal and it does exactly that for me and I love it's portability. the portability is the only reason I chose it over the Bravo V2 shown above or any of the other table oriented and or hi dollar units. if it breaks im out $27, oh well.

BTW how do you like the Bravo? Parts Express had them and I almost jumped on one.

At any rate, if you have a place that lets you try them do it!! Guitar Center out here lets you chill in the store and try their stuff with your player if it's not swamped. and like bentandbroken said, they all have a unique tone signature, so don't think they all sound the same!

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

DSC_0205_zps1d650277.jpg

I run the SOL Republic V10 Tracks and the Audio Technica ATH-M50's

My 8 year old runs the Audio Technica ATH-M30's while my 15 year old runs the Audio Technica ATH-CK323i's

I use the Fiio E6 just to get more output out of the deal and it does exactly that for me and I love it's portability. the portability is the only reason I chose it over the Bravo V2 shown above or any of the other table oriented and or hi dollar units. if it breaks im out $27, oh well.

BTW how do you like the Bravo? Parts Express had them and I almost jumped on one.

At any rate, if you have a place that lets you try them do it!! Guitar Center out here lets you chill in the store and try their stuff with your player if it's not swamped. and like bentandbroken said, they all have a unique tone signature, so don't think they all sound the same!

I actually bought both amps from parts express. I don't have much background with headphones but i do like the bravo. The bravo has a little more bass then my other amp. Only complaint I have is that the rca's are on the side of the unit making placement slightly awkward . Also with my headphones (30 ohms) the volume sensitivity is very high I never listen past 1/4 where on my other amp i use upwards of 50%.

So you carry all that with you?

Of course not. The amp is powered by a 120v RMS outlet.

This is for listening to music/movies/gaming at my computer.

Why not put a pair of 9v batteries and a diode in series to power the amp for on-the-go? :) Would be interesting to try it and see how long it would go before the batteries drained.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Sennheiser HD 280 Pro's with stick-tak mod. Have had them for four years now and I beat the ever-living shit out of them. I love em.

Ken if you're still looking (I only skimmed through), they're like $95 shipped.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

So you carry all that with you?

Of course not. The amp is powered by a 120v RMS outlet.

This is for listening to music/movies/gaming at my computer.

Why not put a pair of 9v batteries and a diode in series to power the amp for on-the-go? :) Would be interesting to try it and see how long it would go before the batteries drained.

Because the amp takes AC-AC power, DC isn't used.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

i dont have anything fancy but for $50 i got some bob marley headphones from walmart. lol. they sound ok. loud enough for me and good bass. they are over the ear headphones. sound better than the apple ear buds i had for years.

Archived