StigA Posted December 31, 2014 Report Posted December 31, 2014 Hi bassheads! I need some help from you experts. I'm going to build a wall in a Jeep Xj for 16pcs 8 inch woofers but I'm not sure what type of enclousure. Clamshell is my first thought, but I don't know how to calculate port tuning since part of it will be conical, and how much angle on the baffles.. 4th order is also one thing, but I'm all new to this. All I know is that its one sealed part and one ported. Which way should subs be facing, how to tune port etc. My "goal" is to be able to play good lows (25 - 35hz ish). I like dubstep, rap etc. I don't need to meter high on a Termlab, but have some fun factor/show off. Max outer diameters on the box should be within 36" x 43" x 56" Thanks for ideas, and let me know if you need more info on any thing.
Kyblack76 Posted December 31, 2014 Report Posted December 31, 2014 Man.. i love you guys over seas... lol.. you just go for it....... The XJ gets loud.. are you set on the multiple 8's for a reason? (group, brand, class?) SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Kyblack76 Posted December 31, 2014 Report Posted December 31, 2014 Jeep xj and "only 6 12's" but Jared is magic....... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186197-jared-the-beast-gibson-demoing-6-12s/ SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
StigA Posted December 31, 2014 Author Report Posted December 31, 2014 Thank you! And we love you overthere, cause you guys have some serious ground pounders. The reason.. hmm. Started with 8 8"s, but when I see builds with 8 18"s etc I thought fuck it, and got 8 more woofers. So it no specific reason other than for fun and "wow factor" A friend of mine had 8 of these 8"s in a regular box non walled in a golf mk3, it played 148,3db on music. Over to my build, still thinking clamshell. Anyone here with experience? How do I calculate port tuning?Thinking simular to this, but more angle on the baffles and not so huge port:
Guest Posted December 31, 2014 Report Posted December 31, 2014 With something this complex I would purchase a plan from an established designer
Joe X Posted December 31, 2014 Report Posted December 31, 2014 OP I imagine you have deep, deep pockets, anyways what 8"s are you using?
StigA Posted December 31, 2014 Author Report Posted December 31, 2014 OP I imagine you have deep, deep pockets, anyways what 8"s are you using? Hehe. wrong I wish so tho. Subs are called LIB 808. Only sold in Norway, guess its some cheap china shit.. but they work, and are pretty cheap to be in my country. ish 100$ for a sub. Here are specs: http://lydibilen.no/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=38&products_id=116
Joe X Posted December 31, 2014 Report Posted December 31, 2014 That would still be $1600 in subs alone, that's quite a bit, unhappily the link seems bad at this time.
Masterbasser Posted December 31, 2014 Report Posted December 31, 2014 ive seen some setups similar to this like 16 12s, the clamshell u need to make it look like a > so the sound goes forward, it will be louder Kenwood excelon ddx795 3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only) McLaren dome tweeters Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos NVX JAD800.4 4 PA x4 SPL 18's 4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each 2 K2 80 ah lithiums 3 group 31 agms Ledglow million color (12 piece) 2007 Yukon xl
juan777 Posted December 31, 2014 Report Posted December 31, 2014 With something this complex I would purchase a plan from an established designer http://www.ram-designs.com/ The L@zy Hoe 2005 Chevy Tahoe 2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids 4 10 midrange 4 6.5 midwoofers 4 Tweeters 6 Supertweeters 2 Lithium 80AH Batteries 24K Watts 4 Custom 18s Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works The Build Log Like Loud Bass? Click Here! On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said: See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on. On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said: I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.