Jump to content

'80 VW Caddy (Rabbit truck) system, E30 dash, suspension...


Recommended Posts

Posted


Layered up with 10 layers of mat. Almost killed the 4th gallon of resin on this build.


I needed 2.39cu ft of internal airspace, I ended up with 2.55cu ft.


image112_zps231037b6.jpeg


image25_zps8e96448d.jpeg


DSCN1119_zpsa3397e9a.jpg


DSCN1120_zps7468d3f7.jpg


DSCN1121_zps3ff6843f.jpg

Posted

Thanks

Rings for the tweeters mounted
Stretched with grill cloth, resined, two layers of cloth, body worked, and mixture of filler/resin poured into the pod to make it more solid.
image117_zps4dc33ada.jpeg
image28_zpscd8b95cf.jpeg
DSCN1122_zpsf2edd194.jpg
DSCN1123_zpsb8e934d6.jpg
Posted

Coming along nicely.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

Absolutely love this build...

01 Suburban Z71 - 5.3L - Black - 6" Lift on 35's - Pioneer H/U - Kicker Mids, 8" Polk sub.

Past rides-

07 Avalanche - Sunburst Orange - 4/6 Drop - Pioneer AVH-X5600 - 2/0 Royal Excelene - T/M fuse blocks - Stock and Singer 350 Alts - 4 Kinetik 1800 - Crecsendo BC5500 & S800.4 amps - 2 Tantric HDD 18's.- RE XXX 6.5 comps

01 Grand Vitara - V6 - 4x4 - Pioneer H/U - Incriminator 6.5 Comps - SSA XCON 18 - Skar 1500.1 & 84.4 amps - Singer 160 Alternator - Optima Yellow top..

Posted
I want to add cup holders but the E brake handle was in the way so out it went. I made a void in the sub enclosure by glassing over a 4" pvc and added an actuator.


DSCN11241_zps345dbd55.jpg


DSCN11251_zps21516075.jpg
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

I will be continuing the E30 theme into the door panels. I picked up some E30 window regulator motors and interior door grab handles/armrests. I took apart some new VW regulators and mated the E30 motors to them. The power windows are operating perfect.

I grafted the door handle mounting points to the door. I still have much more metal work to do to the doors.
Started on a trim panel/center console.
DSCN1129_zps23837600.jpg
DSCN1131_zps07595cac.jpg
DSCN1133_zpsc2a488cb.jpg
DSCN1130_zps9a84a539.jpg
DSCN1132_zps10d23d89.jpg
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1470 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...