craftsman vs husky

Here's the difference a cheap tool with a lifetime warranty breaks you go get it replaced, a snap on or any other expensive tool doesn't break.

When your tools make you money you buy good tools.

I've broken:

-3 pairs of snap on wire cutters

-1/2 inch snap on breaker bar

-1/2 inch snap on ratchet

-1/4 inch snap on ratchet

-3/8 to 1/2 inch snap on adapter

I mean, my tools make me money. I've got more money than I'm comfortable admitting in my box (between Mac, Matco, Snap on, Craftsman, Mastercraft, Jet)

Am I biased? Some things I prefer to have high end. Some things it doesn't make a damn difference.

Then again, I'm a full time mechanic for myself. The average consumer isn't going to break tools, and put them through half of what I do.

I think everybody should have a decent tool kit in their vehicle, and get comfortable using it (know what the different sizes of tools are, etc) because even if you can't fix something, someone that is present might be able to do something. (like having booster cables, tow strap, etc)

For me it's how easy it can be replaced when it breaks everything else is about he same. I can get used to one not feeling as good as the next because I don't use them neary as much as I'd like or some of you. I've got a good mix of lovely because lowes is close and craftsman.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Keep in mind Sears is in financial hurt may not be around in 5 years. Lowe's,H.D.,AutoZone,Napa good ones that don't break and smash my fingers!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

I like craftsman but I've had Stanley ratchets that have worked for years too.

I worked at a place that made tools for craftsman and a couple other companies. Only difference was the cast they used when it came to wrenches and pliers.

I use Husky for a lot of tools. To me it's more convenient to go 5 min to a HD then 35 to a Sears. Better price than Craftsmen. Duralast is really good but a bit pricier than Husky. Autozone is 1 min away so I can go pay the extra if in dire need. Snap-on trumps all three but in my opinion if you don't use it daily or for a profession it won't pay for itself ever.

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

i have a mix of everything but if i had to pick one it would b stanley. that being said ive broken multiple tools from all sorts of brands. every tool has a breaking point no matter who makes it.

Never messed with Husky. Craftsman was always around the house growing up and they worked handyman jobs in the rent homes my parents own. Since I've started doing cabling and electrial work, Dewalt and Klein is all I have in my arsenal. Dewalt drills obviously, dewalt sockets, and few specialty dewalt hand tools that are cool (no one else makes the particular design). Everything else is klein. I <3 klein all day long. Use them for everything and they last. Only tool that's starting to give me problems is the crimper/stripper (blue handle one). I've cut so much wire over the years, the cutters on it don't really cut anything anymore lol

2009 Dodge Caliber SXT (Silver)

Deck: Pioneer X3600BHS

Amps: RF P1000X5

Front: RF P16-S

Rear: RF P1694

Subs: 1 RF P3D2-10

Cabling: Stinger 6 channel RCA, RF 4gauge kit, SkyHighCarAudio 16gauge speaker wire.

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188246-caliber-build

Professional Networking: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kade-mallett-332b8a104

Archived