Little things to increase hp 2003 mustang

The car looks ok, just deal with it until you move on to real life.

Well at minimum I'm wanting to make the exhaust sound a little bit meaner thing I should go with the x pipe resonator like stated above?

2002 Mustang GT Procharged

Procharger P1SC Supercharger, 8psi

Procharger Intercooler, Headers,

Borla Off Road X-Pipe Exhaust, Mass Airflow

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

SCT Flash Chip (Excaliber II), Throttle Body, Lowering Springs, Carbon Fiber Hood

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

Motor swap...

leave it stock. You'll waste more time and money trying to make a slow car fast that what it's worth.

You'd be surprised what's possible with that v6 but I agree the money is better spent on v8.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Motor swap...

leave it stock. You'll waste more time and money trying to make a slow car fast that what it's worth.

You'd be surprised what's possible with that v6 but I agree the money is better spent on v8.

3.8 in the Tbird's were fun. Basically same motor but it's a waste to mod one in the stang. A 4.6 or 5.4 can be put in there for next to nothing.

The new 3.7's on the other hand... Killer 6's Daily Driven bone stock auto 3.7 car was at Street Car Takeover OKC last year, blew the fucking doors off a 600+ whp 408 lsx Silverado that ran a low 11 on stock gears...later to run a 10.6 with 4.10's. 12lbs on a stock 3.7 is over 500 wheel lol.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

I've been in the same boat as you but with a Camaro instead of a Mustang. Take the advice in this thread, save your money for a GT or V8 swap. If you must mod it your biggest performance improvements (aside from FI) will be a stall and valvebody like someone else already said, maybe gears I don't know what ratio you have currently. You can do exhaust if you want a different sound but a V6 with exhaust usually doesn't sound great, and it will never sound like a V8. And you will gain little HP from the exhaust.

The new DOHC V6s in the pony cars are pretty cool. 300+ HP and 30 MPG, plus they take to forced induction well due to the 4 valve head. I still love the sound of a V8 and the simplicity of OHV so I'll stick with the F-bodies, but the new technology is rad.

Yea I'm just ganna keep with the v6 until I graduate and get my priorities and all straight until then I really wanna do something to the exhaust

It has magnaflow Dual catback exhaust but I'm

Thinking about x pipe it sounds nice so all I would need to get is the magnaflow xpipe resonator or am I missing something ?

2002 Mustang GT Procharged

Procharger P1SC Supercharger, 8psi

Procharger Intercooler, Headers,

Borla Off Road X-Pipe Exhaust, Mass Airflow

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

SCT Flash Chip (Excaliber II), Throttle Body, Lowering Springs, Carbon Fiber Hood

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

Yea I'm just ganna keep with the v6 until I graduate and get my priorities and all straight until then I really wanna do something to the exhaust

It has magnaflow Dual catback exhaust but I'm

Thinking about x pipe it sounds nice so all I would need to get is the magnaflow xpipe resonator or am I missing something ?

Do you have a true dual setup? Or it is a split off the stock y-pipe? Americanmuscle.com is an easy site to search for Mustangs by year and part type, and they got good prices.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Archived