Sonic Electronix

1 ohm load to 2 ohm load with more power on same electrical

OK in general how much more watts could I run if I run more power at a higher ohm load with the same electrical due to the amp being more efficient.

For example if I am currently running 2k watts at 1 ohm without dropping below 13v with my electrical...what kind of power could I possibly run at 2 ohms.

Like could I get another 2k amp and strap them to 2ohms for 4k of power and run it ok (not dropping below 12v)

Or maybe just run a 2k amp at 2ohms to one voicecoil and the other amp to the other voicecoil at 2 ohms so each input sees 2ohms because the sub is dual 2ohms. To get a little less current draw more like 3000watts

So basically how much more watts can I run going from 1ohm to 2ohms with the same electrical without dropping below 12v. I know it is probably impossible to tell but I am hoping some has experienced this on here to just get an idea.

OK in general how much more watts could I run if I run more power at a higher ohm load with the same electrical due to the amp being more efficient.

For example if I am currently running 2k watts at 1 ohm without dropping below 13v with my electrical...what kind of power could I possibly run at 2 ohms.

Like could I get another 2k amp and strap them to 2ohms for 4k of power and run it ok (not dropping below 12v)

Or maybe just run a 2k amp at 2ohms to one voicecoil and the other amp to the other voicecoil at 2 ohms so each input sees 2ohms because the sub is dual 2ohms. To get a little less current draw more like 3000watts

So basically how much more watts can I run going from 1ohm to 2ohms with the same electrical without dropping below 12v. I know it is probably impossible to tell but I am hoping some has experienced this on here to just get an idea.

It depends on the amp, but usually it's not that big of a difference, around 10% difference if not less.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

you won't see a big difference..now going from .5ohm to 2ohm, or 1ohm to 4ohm would be a big difference. most good amps have a 97% efficiency rating or more at 4ohms

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

if I'm not mistaken a 1500w amp at .5ohm draws almost the same current as a 3000w amp at 1ohm. even tho the watts are way different.

if that comparison helps at all

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

you won't see a big difference..now going from .5ohm to 2ohm, or 1ohm to 4ohm would be a big difference. most good amps have a 97% efficiency rating or more at 4ohms

Please don't post this misinformation.

If you can find 1 amp that can do this, i'll gladly pay it for you to use.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

I agree with this. i ran my XXX 4K at 2 ohms then dropped it to .5 and holy hell was there a difference. i have went from 2 ohms to 1 ohm and there wasnt really a big difference.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

Crescendo S1500.1? They claim 97% efficiency at 2 ohms. http://store.crescendoaudio.com/symphony-s1500-1/

2008 Subaru WRX STI

K&N Typhoon Intake

Invidia Polished Stainless 3" turbo back with cat

Cobb Accessport

Dyno tune from Kaizen Tuning

320awhp 330ft-lb awtq

MTX 421D Sub amp

American Bass SQ900 Highs/Mids amp

Sundown Audio SD-2 10 D4

JL Audio XR653-CS 3-way Components

3sixty.2

Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Custom fiberglass wheel well enclosure

Transmission Line quasi-floor enclosure

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/13-member-rides-builds-show-off-your-whip-show-off-your-system/

Bill Fitzmaurice TLAH line-array hifi towers

9 Goldwood 4" mids (each)

12 Goldwood 1/2" tweeters (each)

NAD 1020 Preamp

MiniDSP 2x4 Balanced processor

Thorens TD166mkII Turntable

Hafler DH-200 Amplifier

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192638-line-array-hifi-tower-build/

https://www.facebook.com/HolyMountainGlass

Crescendo S1500.1? They claim 97% efficiency at 2 ohms. http://store.crescendoaudio.com/symphony-s1500-1/
I bet they have pet unicorns at their warehouse and the amps can generate rainbows too.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived