Wiring 8 dual 4ohm subs

Are you adding 4 more subs without adding power?

Why not just run 2 amps?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

8 DVC 4Ω subs does equal 1Ω

2 sets of 4 wired to 2 ohm then the banks wired parallel to 1 ohm.

Not sure if it works like that, I've never wired 8 subs.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Wire the 4 subs in parallel to give you .5 ohms, wire the other 4 subs in parallel to give you .5 also, then wire both sets in series to give you a final load of 1 ohm.

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurationsm.asp?Q=4&I=42#results

i dont' understand why you guys are making is so difficult with wiring groups and stuff. just wire each subs voice coils in series than put all the +'s and -'s to the amp

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

i dont' understand why you guys are making is so difficult with wiring groups and stuff. just wire each subs voice coils in series than put all the +'s and -'s to the amp

So you think all those wires will fit in the amps speaker terminals?

so wiring it in groups is going to change that?

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

so wiring it in groups is going to change that?

Yes sir, only one set going into the amp instead of 8 like you proposed...a set as in 1 positive and 1 negative...

Archived