Second Skin Audio

Most Cone Area

SQL50

I want to run the most cone area possible.

Max Dimensions:

L: 42"

W: 27"

H: 22"

Gross: 12.25 cu^ft

What are my options? As far as airspace and what I can physically fit? & wiring options? Because it seems like 3 or more subs has more complicated impedances than a typical single or dual sub setup.

Your net space will be roughly around 10 cubes after sub, baffle, port and bracing. That space will be ok for two 18s that don't need too much space or two 15s or four 12s.. Also it will depend on how much power you will be running too. But for me personally if I had money I would go with four 12s :)

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Choose the right subs you could probably squeeze 5 in there.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

For that airspace you could run 6 12's. However, you are going to be limited on your actual dimensions and probably won't be able to fit all 6 of them. If you could find a way that's what I would do. Otherwise, I would just run a pair of 18's and call it good.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Alright, sounds good. I know they say with all things the same the most cone area has the most output. But let's say you put those same brand/line of 12s against the 18s with all things the same, you would think that the increased motor force & excursion of four drivers would exceed that of two drivers. Not trying to make it a vs thread, just trying to learn something, that's why it's a generic scenario.

Archived