Guest Posted January 10, 2015 Report Posted January 10, 2015 I have a Rockford Fosgate T1500.1, not the cp model. I will be buying sub(s) for it soon. I am still torn between getting a single 12" sub that can handle 1500wrms like a Fi Q or AA Mayhem OR getting a pair of 12" subs that handle less power like Rockford T1s or something. For the info hogs, assume my electrical is all up to par and sufficient, assume a proper custom built ported box will be used no matter what sub(s) are selected. Also, I want my subs to have a good daily driver "sound quality" setup; note I do not want professional sound quality, just enough sq that I am happy. I have only had a pair of JL W0's (their lowest line of subs, yes lol) on 250wrms before, so I kinda want my new setup to be alot better. haha Please note I am NOT trying to do a versus thread, I am simply trying to make sure I will be happy with this money pit I have already dug myself into.
kirill007 Posted January 10, 2015 Report Posted January 10, 2015 2 12's should always be louder then 1 12 on the same power. I'd choose 2 12's, and have a bit more power handling then necessary so you don't have to worry about anything. Thinking is the root of all problems... You ALWAYS get what you pay for.
Souldrop Posted January 10, 2015 Report Posted January 10, 2015 Is space an issue? Can you fit the two twelves in a proper ported enclosure? Also I know you didn't ask, but if you can fit a single higher powered 15 you may be getting a happy medium. How easy to please are you? If you're only wanting a decent amount of bass then 2 12"s on 1500 W should do the trick. I had 2 12"s ported on a T1000BDCP and it was too much on some songs, not to mention got tired of the rearview being useless on any song with a halfway decent bassline. 1997 Lexus ES300 HU - Pioneer MVH 7350 Processor - Helix DSP Front Stage - JBL P660C Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4 Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12 Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1
moredbs Posted January 10, 2015 Report Posted January 10, 2015 2 is better than 1, i would rather have 1 good sub than two lesser subs. you could always add another good sub later when your ready. if you have 2 lesser subs when your ready for more power, you will need new subs.
Guest Posted January 10, 2015 Report Posted January 10, 2015 2 12's should always be louder then 1 12 on the same power. I'd choose 2 12's, and have a bit more power handling then necessary so you don't have to worry about anything. But would it sound cleaner/tighter or just louder?
Guest Posted January 10, 2015 Report Posted January 10, 2015 Is space an issue? Can you fit the two twelves in a proper ported enclosure? Also I know you didn't ask, but if you can fit a single higher powered 15 you may be getting a happy medium. How easy to please are you? If you're only wanting a decent amount of bass then 2 12"s on 1500 W should do the trick. I had 2 12"s ported on a T1000BDCP and it was too much on some songs, not to mention got tired of the rearview being useless on any song with a halfway decent bassline. Space is not too much of an issue. I have enough room for 2 12s max. I could prolly fit a single 15, that is not too bad of an idea!
Triticum Agricolam Posted January 10, 2015 Report Posted January 10, 2015 I would suggest either one 15" or two 12"s over a single 12" if you have the space. All else being equal more cone area is pretty much always better, for a multitude of reasons. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Guest Posted January 10, 2015 Report Posted January 10, 2015 How many cubic feet would a 15" AA Mayhem required in a ported box?
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted January 10, 2015 Report Posted January 10, 2015 If two subs have say 10 mm Xmax each but the 1 sub has 20mm at the same power handling than they should perform the same the only benefit if that was the case is two subs will cool more efficiently. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.