Sonic Electronix

How much would I be over paying?

I dont work at an audio shop or own one (hopefully will one day) but I do installs on friends vehicles. The way I do it is that I sit down with them and go over their goals, budget for the build, and time frame. I make sure they know what they are getting and I go through all of the pros and cons of certain versions of products and help them pick out what they are putting in their car. Then I give them a base on how long it will take and figure that out. If it takes me longer I add and if it takes me less I subtract. I dont charge for time I dont use. So far it has worked for me.

The best way I see is find the products on your own and take it to the shop to have them install it if you dont feel that you can do it yourself.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

If you can't afford to get it done right, wait and save more money. You need an amp on the speakers, especially if you are adding a subwoofer setup. I would never install door speakers without some sort of deadening.

I already have a subwoofer setup. My full vehicle build is in my signature.

Currently whipping a O4' GMC Sierra 2500

Performance:

K&N Cold Air Intake

Hedman headers

3" True duels

Flowmaster Super 10's

Magnaflow High Flow Cats

G2 4:88 running gears

New cooling system

Superchips Flashpaq programmer

Eaton lockers

Audio: JL CP208W3V3

Kenwood X500-1

8 Gauge Memphis Power wire

Kenwood DDX8901HD

Exterior:

Fabtech 9.5" lift

38x13.5 Toyo Open Country M/T's

18x10 Fuel Mavericks (-44 offset)

Diamond plate bed gaurds

Diamond plate tool box

Recon Xenon Bulbs in Highs,Lows,& Fogs

Recon LED Tail lights

AMP Research Automated steps

I'd do it for you for $100

that's a really easy job if no wires are being ran threw the doors.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

For under 1000 bucks, I would (and did) get Focals up front, Focals in the back doors, bought and amp, and deadened the doors and back walls of the truck.

And I'm in Canada so you can do it easier.

As mentioned a couple times, I'd either learn yourself (there's TONS of good places to look on YouTube, not to mention having the tech support of This forum if you needed it) or find someone local to you to pay.

I understand wanting to support local business (and that's good) however they certainly aren't doing you any favors. You may like them, but hell I could do an outstanding job on someone's vehicle if they're going to pay me double what it could be done for.

In the end it's your money, and one thing I can say, is if you do go through with some things like this, don't research everything afterward as you'll only be upset. Just keep looking forward

I'd do it for you for $100

that's a really easy job if no wires are being ran threw the doors.

You have a shop with insurance?

You going to pay for his stuff if you break it?

You going to warranty his install?

You going buy him a new car if your install job burns it to the ground?

you going to give continued support after the install?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Obviously not which is why that's $100. If he learns to do it himself, will he be insured? Will he provide his own warranty? The accuracy of the things you gripe at have no logical value whatsoever

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Obviously not which is why that's $100. If he learns to do it himself, will he be insured? Will he provide his own warranty? The accuracy of the things you gripe at have no logical value whatsoever

They have plenty of logical value when trying to compare what you would do it for to what a shop is charging.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Bro, if your that young, why wouldn't u at least try to learn some of this. Having a shop install all of that for u is throwing money down the toilet imho. Plus if/when something goes wrong, what happens if the shop is shut down? Now ur sol and stuck thinking, why didn't I just learn. Not to mention the pride that goes along with knowing how hard YOU worked to make the system the way you want to. It's a lot of fun, and really isn't that hard at all. Just takes patience and a willingness to learn. If u get stuck, well that's what we are all here for. Sorry for the rant, just my $.02

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

I've never had anyones equipment fail. never had a call back back about failing gear. besides, every time someone i know that has had a issue with a shop, like failing gear, broken car parts Ect... has been more of a pain then just paying to redo it.

that and if i could install OPs gear i would teach him and walk him threw every step of the way. so he can learn.

I'm sorry if i seem so "dickish" but i hate the shop by me. they charge $85 a hour. they do a hack job, only run 4g no matter the amp size and tune by ear. (maxed gain and boost) i steal there clients constantly.

if OP was local i would love to install it for him and actually teach him.

personally i think he's getting robbed. but if he wants to pay $500 for some insurance that they won't Burn his car to the ground by installing deadner and door speakers.... i won't stop him.

the price should drop (allot) now that there not running a amp.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff